The Croaking

Kara had just finished getting off the phone with her parents and Sara. She sat the phone down on Donnie's lab table and let out a sigh, leaning against the wall feeling her mental energy drain.

"Everything ok?" Donnie asked having stopped what he was working noticing she seemed upset.

Kara tilted her head his way and nodded. "Yeah, they're relieved we're all ok..I..I haven't told them about Dragan yet. I don't know if I have the heart to tell them.." Kara took a deep breath and smiled. "It's nice to hear from them though. Glad they're all doing ok."

Donnie smiled before leaning towards her and kissed her forehead. "Come on, I know just the thing to cheer you up." He took her hand and lead her towards the house before glancing over at the others who were training outside.

"Oh, yeah? And what would that be?" Kara asked with a playful grin.

"Lunch." Was all that Donnie said and that got Kara's and everyone else's attention.

"I could go for some lunch." April said while wiping her forehead with her arm.

"I don't know about you guys but a burger sounds awesome right about now." Casey said while leaning against his hockey stick.

"There's a town not too far off. If we use the van we can all grab a bite to eat." Kara said in excitement having been sick of pizza a long time ago.

"It'll be nice to leave the house for awhile." Raph nodded his head the idea not sounding too bad as they all went inside to invite Mikey but when they walked into the living room they saw Mikey make a complete mess of the room.

"Mikey, what have you done?" Leo shouts as Kara dodges a block of pizza, it hitting Raph smack on the face.

"Uh, heh heh, hey guys." Mikey moved the plunger behind his back. "This isn't what it looks like. I was..studying barbarian fighting techniques." He said giving them a big smile.

"You trashed the place!" Casey said while Kara got a good look around.

"I did not!" Mikey pointed the plunger at them just as a a pizza fell on top of his head.

"IIIII think you did." Kara muttered to herself her eyes trailing to the ceiling wondering how he got that mess up there.

Donnie, Leo, and Raph ganged up on their little brother showing their anger.

"This is the third time you've messed the place up in a week!" Leo shouted.

"Clean. Up. NOW!" Raph shoved a broom in his hands glaring at him before turning to Icecream Kitty. "And as for you!" Icecream Kitty meowed at him and slashed its claws at him throwing icecream in Raph's face which made him even more angry so he threw Icecream Kitty in the freezer, slamming the door as Icecream Kitty hissed at him. "And stay there!"

"Better be spotless by the time we get back." Raph threw the door open and walked out the house. "Some ninja. You're just a big screw up."

Everyone followed after him, Kara and April being last.

April gave him an apologetic look before leaving.

Kara gave him a small smile. "Don't worry, Mikey, we'll bring you something back...see ya." She gave him a small wave before closing the door.

The drive into town was pretty far and the only available food place was an old fashion diner.

"Geez, this place just keeps getting boring and boring.." Raph muttered the guys sitting in the back while April, Kara, and Casey were in the front.

"Are you kidding? My hometown had a diner like this and I loved it! My aunt and I would have dinner there after we'd go shopping. The food was amazing and the old people had some interesting stories. Ah, good times." Kara leaned against the seat with a smile on her face.