Fungus Humungous

Kara was over at Casey Jackson's place using his home gym to work out dressed as the Blind Bandit.

"-And so she's giving me all of this homework to make up for the time she was gone on maternal leave! Everyday piles and piles of homework and studying. Ugh! It's hurting my brain! Think it's going to pop soon." She said to Casey who was reading the newspaper on the side while she was doing combos on the rather large punching bag.

"You have to understand, Kara, you're still young and there's still so much you need to learn. She's only doing it for your own good." He said snapping the newspaper so it'll stay up continuing to read it.

She sighed in annoyance leaning against the punching bag. "Yeah I know, I know..wonder if this is how April feels when she goes to an actual school."

"You should ask her." He said flipping to the next page in a nonchalant manner. "Why not bring her over and the others? I'm dying to meet your friends..in fact..you haven't introduced me to any of your friends..I'm hurt Kara." He said glancing up at her giving her a playful pout before going back to his paper. Kara laughed softly but it quickly turned to a quiet, nervous chuckle. "Yeah..heh..anyways I think that's enough training for the day I'm gonna change then head out."

"Need me to take you home?" He asked looking up at her from his paper.

"No, I'll be fine. I'm actually gonna go visit my friends and talk to them about coming to visit you. They can be a bit...shy though." Kara said while rubbing the back of her head. "Shy, yeah right..more like you'd freak out at the sight of them!"

Casey nodded and smiled at her before walking her to the door and stopped her. "You might want to lose this then." He said while untying the blindfold from around her eyes. She smiled and pocketed it. "Thanks, so use to it I keep forgetting to take it off. Well, see ya!"

She walked out his home and got on her scooter deciding to take the train tracks to the lair instead of the sewers like normal. Rounding the corner to a dead end she scanned the area making sure no one was around before pushing the button Donnie gave her the wall lifting up like a garage door to the abandoned train tracks and drove on in, closing the door behind her.

When she arrived at the lair she parked her scooter and opened the small compartment where she kept a bag of clothes to change into after training and walked into the lair seeing the guys minus Leo watching TV.

"You'd think you guys would be doing something more productive like playing video games or something." She said with a smile sitting down next to Donnie.

"Hey, Kara." They all said at once Donnie leaning in to put his arm around her but blinked noticed she was sweaty. "Worked out today?" He asked with a smile, kissing her cheek.

"Yeah, went over to my Casey's place and did a little training just to loosen myself up." She said with a smile but it slowly disappeared. "About him..listen..I was wondering if-"

Her attention went to the TV watching the Super Mecha Robo Squad or whatever show seeing their robot was taken over and everyone was freaking out except their captain..who ended up getting stomped on after a dramatic speech.

"Well that's a surprising ending.." Kara said before looking down at Mikey who began to speak.

"I heard in the original Japanese version Coolstar gets squashed for real."

"That's just a cartoon myth." Donnie said not believing him.

Kara looked over at Raph hearing him say, "Nerds" under his breath making her chuckle before standing up. "I'm going to change I'll be back."