End Times

"Yes. Yes! The Master has arisen! Long live the Shredder!!" Tigerclaw shouted as the corpse of Oroku Saki emerged from his coffin.

Shredder's shadowed figured slouched staring down at his hand before lifting his head up towards the ceiling. "I am..cold. Is this truly the Earth? Or another illusion? I have been gone for eons."

"No. Many months, but not eons, Shredder. You need to recover." Tigerclaw informed him before turning to Kavaxas. "Kavaxas, will he heal?"

"In time." Was all Kavaxas said.

"What?! Restore him now! I do not want an excuse to keep you here."

The sound of crackling bones met their ears and they all turned around to see Shredder's corpse walking towards them. Worms dropped to the ground where skin use to be, his arms dangling lifeless at his side, swinging with each step he took. His glowing eyes fixated on Tigerclaw and Tigerclaw alone. "Kavaxas stays with us, Tigerclaw. Soon this pitiful world will be ours."

Sara stared down sneering at them all, her eyes glowing with hatred at the zombie corpse of her old family friend. She immediately turned around, already in her mutant form, and fled to tell the others.

Kavaxas glanced up to where she was and smirked, barring his fangs.

At the lair, everyone was getting ready for the fight with Kavaxas, though it seemed as though not everyone was taking it seriously.

Kara glanced up after slipping her shoes on hearing Mikey laughing at the TV.

"Ahahaha! You're missing another classic "Space Heroes: The Next Generation," guys!" Mikey shouted before going back to mindlessly polishing his grappling hook, his attention on the TV.

"We gotta get ready for the recon mission like you should be doing." Raph said, irritated, walking past him.

"Ugh, I gotta collect more data on Hot Head." Donnie mumbled to himself walking the opposite direction as Raph. "Now that Tigerclaw has all of the pieces that can resurrect Shredder we don't have much time."

"Relax, guys, you may not know it but I have a-" Mikey began before he was interrupted by Casey, who was wrapping tape around his puck. "You do realize Leo is gonna be stupid mad when he finds out you watched "Space Heroes" without him."

"Right now, I don't think he cares." Kara said softly while going back to her shoes, tying them up tight.

"Um, where is Leo anyway?" Mikey asked curiously, looking around.

"Where else? He's in the Dojo, meditating. I feel so bad for him. The weight of the world is always on his shoulders." April said while sheathing her Tanto, worry in her eyes.

Kara sighed softly and sat up straight while slipping on her gloves. "He needs to realize it doesn't have to always be like that.." Kara glanced towards the Dojo where Dragan had just walked through when Donnie walked past her peripheral vision. She watched him pace around and closed her eyes with a smile on her face; recalling last night.

Kara was sitting on the couch with her blanket wrapped tightly around herself, eyes red and puffy from crying. She let out a quiet sniff when she heard the faintest thump on the balcony. She glanced towards the door to see the silhouette of one of the turtles. Recognizing their height she immediately dropped to the couch, pretending to be asleep.

Donnie slid the door open quietly, making her curse herself for not locking the door, and he made his way towards her. Since she didn't have enough time to turn around she was facing the room when he walked over to her, bending down so they were face to face. The lights from outside shined on them and he gasped softly seeing how puffed her cheeks were and the tip of her nose was a soft pink. He reached his hand out and gently stroked her cheek.