In Dreams

"And we're gonna be alright. Dry your tears and hold tight. Can't you tell I got news for you. Sun is shining and so are you." Kara sang as she finished the last of the dishes from breakfast nodding her head to the music while April cleaned off the table. Putting away the last dish Kara looked into the fridge for lunch and dinner ideas when she blinked in surprise. "Uh-oh we're running low on supplies, Aps." She lowered her headphones and stood up straight looking towards April.

"We were going to need to go into town sooner or later. I'll go get Casey." April smiled and walked away.

Kara went upstairs to check on Donnie. He must of been working all night for whenever she tried to wake him up for breakfast he wouldn't budge. Opening the door she blinked in surprise to see dirty underwear on his head and cringed. "Yuck..Mikey.." She grumbled before grabbing Donnie's staff and using it to pick up and pull off the underwear from his head, kicking it under the bed once it flopped to the floor. She sat down on the bed and watched him sleep, hearing the whistling snore made her smile. "Forgot how cute you sound with the gap. Sleep well, sweetie." She stroked his cheek and pulled the covers up to his neck making sure he was comfortable and went to kiss him on the head but froze, remembering what was on his head a minute ago and stood back up. "I'll wait til you wash your face.." She turned and closed the door behind her to give him some peace not realizing the nightmares he was facing alone.

Making her way down the stairs she met up with April and Casey.

"Ready to go, Kara?" Casey asked.

"Sure, know what we're getting?" Kara looked between them seeing April had a list in her hand.

"Got the list right here." April grinned having been prepared.

"Nice." Kara gave her a thumbs up as they all walked out the door. Kara grinned and stood back watching the guys train. Watching Leo's movement's he was recovering each day.

"Niiice. Looking good, Leo. You're really coming along." Kara heard Raph say as she clapped her hands from watching them.

"Hey guys, we're heading down to the store." April called letting them know.

"Any requests?" Casey poked his head out the driver's seat.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! I need some spicy gummy worms. Neeeeed!" Mikey bent down to his knees, raising his arms dramatically.

"Yeah. He's not gonna have that." Casey turned the keys in the ignition, turning the van on.

"The store is tiny, Mikey. It's the kind of store that has peanut butter OR jelly." April said before climbing inside.

"We'll look for out them though." Kara winked at Mikey, hopping in after April and closed the door.

"Be back in a few." Casey said as he backed out and drove off.

"When Donnie wakes up tell him to wash his face!" Kara yelled out from the window waving bye to them. "Oh, and I know it was you, Mikey! You're gonna get it!" She pointed at him just as April grabbed her shirt and pulled her into the van, a yelp escaping Kara's mouth as she fell in, her head landing on April's lap. "Oof." She blinked up at April who stared down at her with a small grin, her brow raised. "You sure like drawing attention to yourself." April chuckled poking Kara's nose making her giggle as she lifted herself up.
"Just doing what I can." She grinned with a chuckle before making herself comfortable in the seat while they all chatted on the way to the store.

"Bernie's General. Now serving Barbecue.." Kara read when Casey drove into view of the store and parked. "Ok, I know you said it was small but this is ridiculous. It looks like a gas station! A haunted gas station in the middle of the woods! Not a good combo, Aps! Not a good combo at all!"