Mazes and Mutants

It had been almost a week since the "Wormquake" ended and everything was slowly returning to normal. The guys continued looking for mutagen while Kara stayed behind to focus on her job and what school work she missed during the quakes, well, what she could remember.

"It should be safe for them to come back." Kara said to herself just as she brought out her phone ready to call Mrs. Christine's number when her caller ID appeared on the screen. "Oh, what do you know, heh. "Hello, Mrs. Christine." Kara said answering the phone.

"Hello, Kara. How is everything going?"

"Much better. Everything has calmed down and it's safe for you and Zack to come back." She said with a smile happy to know that they were safe and sound.

"Oh, that is wonderful news, Kara. We will leave immediately and should be back later tonight." Mrs. Christine sighed in relief and was happy to know she could return home.

"Alright, have a safe trip, see you soon." Kara hung up the phone before gathering her stuff up and leaving for the lair. "I wonder how they'll react when I tell them the news. Maybe I should have her see Master Splinter when she returns, just to get it over with." Nodding her head to her idea she climbed down the manhole and ran towards the lair. Jumping over the rails she looked around wondering where everyone was only to jump in alarm hearing Mikey's voice.

"No, you can't! No! No! No, noooooooo!!"

Kara gasped thinking something was wrong and ran in the direction the yells were coming from, which happened to be the kitchen. "Was Leo cooking again?!"

She ran inside and slid to a halt when she saw them playing a board game. "My plus one Ring of Awesome didn't save me ehh...Avenge me, Avenge the beloved elf." Mikey cried to Raph who pushed him away clearly unamused with the game.

"Are you serious?!" She shouted getting everyone's attention. "I thought you guys were in serious trouble! You had me freaking out!"

"Hey Kara, check out this game we found in the trash! Someone just threw this away!" Donnie said waving her over. Kara sighed but walked over reading the title. "Maze and Mutants?" She shrugged and sat down beside him watching how to play while taking a slice of pizza.

"Relax, Mikey, your elf is fine..for now." Leo says ominously making Mikey stand up holding his ring in the air triumphantly. She looks over at Raph and grins seeing he wasn't having as much fun as the others. "But suddenly your party is attacked by evil, vicious, Monkey Goblins! You have to roll a two or higher to avoid being bitten."

"My lady." Donnie says with a smile holding out the die for her, "Blow on it for good luck." She laughs softly and shrugs, gently blowing on the die before he shook it in his hands and threw it on the table with Mikey both of them getting a twenty.

They smiled excitedly, Donnie hugging Kara making her laugh. Raph tosses his die bored out of his mind and ends up rolling a one.

"One?!"

"CRI-TI-CAL FAIL, DUDE!" Mikey chants with a grin.

"The monkey goblin bites! Raph loses-" Leo rolls the die. "-Eleven hit points!"

"Eleven?! Give me that! I'm going to use my Magic Sword plus three to strike!" Raph said while shaking his die.

"And here I thought you weren't having fun, Raphie." Kara said watching them play and looks up as Master Splinter walks into the kitchen grabbing a cheesicle from the freezer, Icecream Kitty handing it to him making her smile.

"Hm, what is all of this?"

"It's called "Mazes and Mutants." We found it in the trash up top." Leo said showing the box for the game to Master Splinter.