Chapter 75

Chapter 75 - Joe POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring as it did every morning. As usual, I hit snooze and went back to sleep. 2 minutes later, I was woken up again by the sound of my phone ringing. I'd usually just ignore it but I picked my phone up incase Maddy needed me. The caller I.D had my bosses name on it. I accepted the call.

'Hello.' I grunted, still half asleep.

'Good morning Joe, glad you're not awake yet.' He chucked, 'it's pouring down with rain, we won't be able to get anything done today. Have the day off, my treat.' I almost jumped out of bed with happiness.

'Nice one! Cheers mate!'

'Have a good day Joe!'

'You too pal.' I smiled and hung up. 

I decided to send Maddy a good morning message as I was up.

Joe: good morning beautiful, have a lovely day at school. see u later xxxx

I smiled to myself as I wrote the text. I could imagine her reading it whilst lying in bed and smiling at her phone. I must of drifted off again because next thing, I'm waking up at half 10 and being blinded by the light shining through the curtains.

I decided to have a productive day so I got up straight away and had a shower. I then set up my camera's and got ready to film a video. This week I was filming a video called Youtuber Grills, a video where I'd pretend to interview other YouTubers then fill the replies with clips from their videos.

It took me over a hour to film all my questions but there was a problem, the WiFi in Tom's flat was so slow, I couldn't download the other YouTube video's to insert the clips into my video. I sighed and picked my laptop up and placed it in my rucksack before making my way out the house and into town to go to a little internet cafe I knew well.

'Joe?' I heard a familiar voice say as I sipped my coffee. I had been sitting in the cafe for around 45 minutes and I was nearly ready to leave. I looked up to see her standing by my table, looking at me with such an emotionless face.

'Sasha?' She gave me a small smile.

'Can I sit down?'

'Erm, sure?' I didn't really want her to put I couldn't say no.

'What are you doing here?'

'I'm staying at Tom's flat at the moment, do you remember Tom?' She nodded. 'The internet is crap, so I came here to try get some work down.' She smiled and nodded. 'What about you?'

'I'm doing a placement at a school just down the road and I have a free period so I thought I'd come grab a coffee and some cake.'

'Oh right. How's uni?' Sasha was halfway through her third year of university. She had always dreamed of being a Primary School teacher.

'Yeah it's great! As I said, I'm at a placement now. I'm really enjoying it.'

'I'm glad you're happy.' I smiled and I meant it. It was nice to see Sasha doing well.

'Me too! How's Maddy?' I saw her eyes look slightly sad as she mentioned Maddy. I knew what she wanted me to reply. She wanted me to tell her that things didn't work out.

'Maddy's great, absolutely brilliant.' I smiled. 'I get to see her later, I'm going to go pick her up from school and surprise her!' Sasha looked slightly shocked.

'School?! Joe how old is she?'

'17.. She will be 18 in 2 weeks.'

'That's a lot younger than you.' That's Sasha, always pointing out the obvious. I shrugged.

'What's age matter? If you're happy then fuck it.'

'It hurts that I couldn't make you stay yet she can do it so easily.' She looked as if she was about to cry.

'Oh Sasha, don't start. Not now, not here.'

'Can we go back to Tom's flat and talk?'

'No Sasha. I don't want to talk. We're done. Do not try to play victim, you cheated on me remember? You hurt me. I tried again and again to get you back but you left me. You can't just keep turning up now, once I've moved on! Once I'm finally over you and finally genuinely happy. It's cruel Sasha, it's a horrible thing to do.'

'Your loss Joe. One day you will regret throwing me away.'

'Oh I'm sure I will.' I said sarcastically as she got up and left. What is wrong with that girl?

Maddy POV

I looked up at the clock, it was 3:10. Just 10 minutes left before I could go home and start getting ready for Joe's arrival. He told me he'd be round at about 6 and as Zoe and Alfie were going out tonight, I planned to cook my boyfriend dinner.

I was sitting in my art class finishing my painting. I had drawn one of the selfies myself and Joe had taken together and I was almost done. I stood back and admired my work, I felt so proud of myself. 

The lesson ended and I packed all my stuff away before leaving the class and walking towards the main gates. Zoe's car wasn't in the spot it was usually in, I looked around and it was nowhere to be seen. I grabbed my phone out my bag to see if she had texted me a different location but I had no texts. 

I heard a car beep behind me and it made me jump out of my skin. I turned around to see a car I recognised well. Joe was leaning against the door.

'Get in loser, we're going shopping.' He did in the worst American accent I had ever heard.

'JOE!' I ran over to him and jumped into his arms.

'Surprise!' He smiled and kissed my forehead. It wasn't long before we were being crowded by screaming teenage girls from my school, all hoping for a picture with Joe. I waited for him whilst he took a few.

'Girls, I'm really sorry but I need to get my girlfriend home. I'll come back another time for photos with you all!' The girls all cheered. Joe opened the door for me and I climbed into the passenger seat. As he drove off, we both waved to the girls.

'Did you have a good day love?'

'Great day!' I smiled as I spoke, even though Joe couldn't see.

'That's what I like to hear.' Joe took my hand and held it as he drove.

'How come you're here, I thought you weren't coming until later?'  

'Well that was the plan, except it's been pissing down with rain all day in Bath so work was cancelled. I've had a pretty productive day though, got a whole video filmed and edited ready for Sunday!'

'Woo go you!' 

When we got home I ran Joe a hot bath and went down to cook dinner. I decided to cook stir fry as I knew it was his favourite. I set the table for two and poured two glasses of red wine. I lit a couple of candles and put them around the table and stood back and took a picture. It looked perfect. Life is perfect.