Chapter 35

Chapter 35 - Zoe POV

It had been just 2 days since Maddy had gone to Rome and Joe hadn't stopped grieving. He hadn't even left his room and he's barely eaten anything. He just sleeps all day.

'I'm really worried about Joe, Alfie.' We sat in our kitchen, eating breakfast together.

'So am I.'

'He shouldn't be this bad! Yeah I'm worried about Maddy but not like this.'

'Have you tried to ring Maddy?'

'Loads of times. She's turned her phone off.'

'I'm sure she's fine. She's a very brave, clever girl.'

'I'm more worried about Joe. I haven't seen him this bad since Sasha cheated on him.'

'He shouldn't be like this over a girl he's known for just under 2 weeks. It's not right Zoe.'

'I think he's worried that she won't be back for Christmas.'

'There is still 3 nights to go.'

'Joe said that's she's arranged to go to Maisie's tomorrow?'

'Would she miss that?'

'I don't know. She seemed happy in London when she was seeing her friends?'

'Its Christmas on Sunday, what if she can't get a plane home? The airlines will be busy.'

'Who knows.'

Maddy POV

Rome was lovely. I had been here for 2 days and I loved it, but it was time to go home now.

It was just a chance to get away and clear my head. I spent the days on the beach and moping about it my hotel room. I didn't even think about the fact all I had eaten was a Marshmallow and Nutella crepe and a fruit smoothie since I had arrived. I didn't really care either.

I made my way to the airport and got ready to board my plane. I was surprised at how easy it was to get a plane ticket seeing as it was 3 days until Christmas.

I had mixed emotions towards seeing Joe again, I felt bad for leaving him but I also couldn't wait to see him again.

I got my MacBook out of my bag and connected to the airports WIFI. I decided to watch one of Joe's videos. I put my headphones in and clicked on one called 'Twenty Seven Goldfish'.

I really enjoyed the video, I laughed through most of it. I watched a few more videos, they were so funny, my stomach was actually hurting.

People were staring at me, I was sitting on my own laughing out loud.

'Boarding for Rome to England is now open.' I put my laptop back into my bag and made my way towards the plane.

I handed over my passport and boarding pass before walking through security.

I took my seat in 1st class. The flight had been expensive but it didn't really make a difference to me. I worked out the flight would take around 2 and a half hours. Rome were only a hour ahead so I'll be back in England at 6pm.

I planned to text Joe and ask him to pick me up.

Me: hey Joe.. Can you pick me up from the airport? I'm so sorry x

He replied almost immediately

Joe: of course I will Maddy, when do you want picking up? We need to talk when you get back. X

Me: the plane is just about to take off, we're due to land at 6:10 tonight. I know we do, I am really sorry x

Joe: ok, I'll be there at 6. I love you x

Me: love you too x

'Can you turn that off please Madame?'

'Yeah sorry just doing it.'

'PLEASE FASTEN SEATBELTS AND PREPARE FOR TAKE OFF.' I sat back in my seat and shut my eyes. I couldn't wait to see Joe again.