Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Maddy POV

'No Joe, no counselling. Anything but counselling.' I was shaking and my heart was beating really fast. I hated counsellors, I had, had so many in the past and none of them helped at all.

'Ok Maddy.'

'Joe please don't leave me.' I couldn't cope with another person walking out of my life, it's only started getting better. Joe sat on the sofa next to me, he hadn't left yet.

'I'm not going anywhere baby.'

'You'll get sick of me eventually though, you will realise how broken and messed up I am. Why would you want me around when you have hundreds of thousands of girls going mad for you?'

'Maddy, I mean it, I'm not going anywhere. I've never felt this way about anybody before. It's been a week since I met you and there hasn't even been a second that I haven't thought about you. I love you Madeline Ashley Taylor. I hope you know I mean that.' Tears fell down my face as we spoke, he wasn't lying to me. No one had ever been here for me like Joe has, I didn't even know how to handle it. I felt the same way back.

'Liar!' Why? Why did I say that? I stood up and went to run out.

'Maddy, wait!' As I ran out, I bumped into Zoe and Alfie who had just come through the door. 'Maddy stop please, Maddy!'

'Everything alright?' Joe stopped calling my name when he heard Alfie's voice. I looked at Zoe and Alfie ? a minute then just kept running. I ran upstairs and into Joe's room. I locked the door behind me and lied down on his bed. I sobbed into his pillow and inhaled his scent.

Zoe POV

'Maddy and Joe seem to be close, don't they?'

'Oh Alfie, don't they just. I'm pretty sure they're in love, we can't have that?'

'Why not Zoe? If they love each other then we shouldn't stand in the way.'

'But my boyfriends cousin and my brother? It's too weird.'

'I've seen the way they look at each other.' I just shrugged and went back to driving. I didn't really care anymore.

'We bringing all these bags out?'

'Yeah, 3 are ours and they're Maddy's.' Alfie lifted all our bags out the boot and carried them to the front door. I put my key in and turned it then pushed the door open.

As soon as the door opened I heard talking.

'I love you Madeline Ashley Taylor.' Wait, I recognise that voice. It's Joe's voice! Maddy suddenly came running out in tears.

'Maddy!' She looked at us just before Joe came out. Joe was close to tears, I had never seen my brother cry before.

'Everything alright?' I looked at my boyfriend, did it look like everything was alright? No.

Maddy run up the stairs in tears, next we heard a door slam upstairs. I followed Joe into the living room. He had his back to me and had his head in the hands.

'Joe? What happened? Joe?' He finally turned around, he looked like was trying so hard not to cry. I really didn't like seeing my little brother upset.

'I told her how I feel about her.' I put my arm around my brothers back and pulled him into a hug. I looked back and saw Alfie standing in the doorway. He got the message and walked away towards the kitchen.

'I really love her Zoe.' Me and Joe sat down on the sofa as we hugged. We didn't let go even though it was a bit awkward sitting down.

'I know Joe, don't worry I know.'

'She's broken Zoe, I just want to be there for her but she just pushes me away. I just want to make sure she's alright.' Joe sobbed into my tshirt as I held my little brother. I don't think he's ever had a proper release before.

'Joe, it's hard to move halfway across the world and just move in with people you don't even know. She just wants a bit of space, she needs to get used to you and settle into this new life. She's not pushing you away, it just must be a lot to take in.'

Me and Joe had a deep conversation for about a hour. I let him cry into me and let it all out. We hadn't even heard anything from Maddy, she stayed upstairs the whole time.

'Do you think I should go check on her?'

'Yeah, it's been like a hour, she will have calmed down now.'

Joe went upstairs and I went into the kitchen to see Alfie. He was sitting at the table with his head in his hands.

'You ok Alf?' He looked up at me, he looked very pale and worried.

'No Zoe, I'm not.' I sat down on the chair opposite Alfie and held his hand across the table.

'What's wrong?'

'Dad has found out I'm back in contact with Maddy and Gary. He wants Maddy out the country immediately. He said if Maddy isn't back to America by next month then he's calling the police and reporting Gary and his illegal company.'