Chapter 51

Chapter 51 - Zoe POV

I woke up in what I guessed was the position I fell asleep in last night; a very cosy ball. Alfie was fast asleep next to me and it was only 6:30am. I liked to wake up early and make the most of everyday.

I snuck out of bed and tidied my room up a bit, Jim and Tanya were coming round at lunchtime and staying the night so they can come to Caspar's party with us.

I was so happy tidying when I suddenly realised what happened last night. Yep, reality had just smacked me round the face. It wasn't all a dream.

I tried to forget about it, I pushed all negative thoughts to the back of my head and carried on tidying.

I tidied my whole room and then the bathroom. I looked at the clock, only 7:45am. I went downstairs and started to tidy the kitchen.

About half a hour later, dad came down to get ready for work. Even seeing him made me feel physically sick, how him and mum could do that to us, i'll never know.

'Morning Zoe!' I ignored him and carried on cleaning. I didn't want to say anything until me and Joe had agreed on what was going to happen next.

'Zooeeee?' I ignored him again. I heard him pouring a bowl of cereal and putting the kettle on, great he'd be in the kitchen for at least 20 minutes.

'Not talking to me? Oh ok Zoe. That's fine.' I stood up and walked out. I made sure I didn't look at him before leaving. I didn't want to look at him.

I went back up to my room and started tidying up a few of my draws and wardrobe. I didn't even care if I woke Alfie up or not, he sleeps too much anyway.

I heard mumbling and movement coming from behind me.

'Zoe?' I ignored my boyfriend and carried on. I knew he'd either go straight back to sleep or try maybe 3 more times then go back to sleep.

'Zoe, don't ignore me.' I carried on winding my hairdryer up.

'ZOE!' I slammed the door and turned around.

'WHAT DO YOU FUCKING WANT?!' Alfie's face softened.

'What are you doing Zo?'

'Tidying, what's it look like?' I turned to face the corner of the room so Alfie couldn't look into my eyes.

'Zoe it's like 9am, come back to bed babe.'

'Don't tell me what to do.' A tear ran down my face, followed by another one.

'Zoe look, you're crying babe. Come here, let me give you a hug.'

'I don't want a hug.' My voice went really quiet and became a whisper.

'What do you want then?' I heard the sympathy in Alfie's voice. Truth is, I didn't want anything.

'I just want to be on my own.'

'Ok.. What do you want me to do? How about you go back to sleep and I'll go downstairs and make us some breakfast.'

'No Alfie, I need space. Are you able to find somewhere else to stay tonight?'

'What the fuck Zoe?!'

'I need space.'

'I'll sleep in the spare room then?'

'Jim and Tarn are in there tonight.'

'That means I'll have to get the train to London, what the fuck Zoe? Please say you're not going to..' Alfie's voice broke halfway through the sentence. He turned around.

'Alfie I need space, IVE TOLD YOU. I can't be with you all the time, it's not good for us or our relationship.'

'Please Zoe, you don't mean it. You're stressed out. Please go back to sleep, you don't mean it, I know you don't.'

'Things change Alfie, feelings, emotions. Love comes and go's.'

'Zoe please don't do this to me. I can't.' I realised I had been crying the whole time. I grabbed my dressing gown off my door.

'I'm going to have a bath.' I walked straight out and towards the door.

I loved Alfie more than life itself, I just couldn't be with him anymore. He was no good for me.