Chapter 66

Chapter 66 - Maddy POV

'No Joe! You're meant to pull it out like this!'

'How was I supposed to know that?'

'I thought you knew everything Sugg!'

'Maybe not everything.' Joe winked at me. I shook my head and laughed.

Megan was coming over in a few hours and I wanted everything to be perfect for her. We had to turn the office into a space bedroom as the flat only had 3 bedrooms, mine, Zoe and Alfie's and then Marcus'.

'Megan will love it love, you've put so much work into it.'

'I hope so.' We both sat down on the pull out bed. It had been 4 days since I had come out of hospital and Joe hadn't let me out of his sight. We drove to Bath when we knew Graham wasn't in and collected all our clothes, belongings and some of our furniture. We were all living in the flat. It was quite crowded but we put up with it.

'One day when I came home at lunchtime I heard a funny noise. I went out, to the backyard to find out if it was one of those rowdy boys.' I looked over at Joe singing and laughed.

'You're so talented Sugg.' Joe smiled.

'I hate singing in front of people.'

'Why? You're amazing.'

'Yeah but there's people a lot better.'

'There's always going to be someone better, just remember that.' Joe smiled and wrapped his arms round me.

'You will go to your counselling appointment tomorrow, won't you love?'

'Of course I will.' The hospital are making me have counselling after New Year's Eve. I didn't really want to go and I had many more things I'd rather do on a Saturday morning.

'Thank you Maddy. I'm so proud of you.'

'All I want to do is make you proud.' Joe's smile grew.

'You're going the right way about it.' I felt the corners of my mouth turn up.

'Sing to me Joe.' We laid down on Megan's bed and he put his hands through my hair. He started singing I Won't Give Up and I swear, my heart melted.

'It's been a pretty long time since I've felt this comfortable around someone.' I moved closer to him.

'Me two Joe, me two.'

'Promise me something love.'

'Anything Joe.'

'Promise you'll never leave me.'

'I promise.'

'How can you be so sure?'

'Because I'm so in love with you.' Joe's smiled disappeared. His face turned serious and incredibly sad.

'I nearly lost you the other night.'

'I promise it will never happen again.'

'Stop making promises you don't know you can keep.' Joe stood up and turned away from me. He put his hands behind his head.

'Joe, I promise. It won't happen again!'

'You did it once, you tried to kill yourself. You didn't even try to stop yourself or come talk to me or anything. How do I know I can trust you?' He shouted and it scared me.

'I tried to ring you Joe but you didn't pick up! I was upset, hurt and felt betrayed! What else was I meant to do?!' I shouted back. Joe turned back to me. His eyes were glossy and sad.

'I almost lost you Maddy.' His voice was quiet, it scared me. He sat back down next to me on the bed.

'I love you so much Maddy. I'm so sorry for shouting, I didn't mean to scare you love. It was so hard finding you like that, I don't know how to act around you now. We can't just forget about it and I know you don't want to talk about it so I don't know what I'm meant to do.' I moved back up next to Joe, he put his arm around my shoulders.

I leant up and kissed him on the forehead.

'I love you Joseph Sugg.'

'I love you Madeline Taylor.'