Chapter 32

Chapter 32 - Maddy POV

I woke up with a horrible pain in my head. It felt so bad as if I'd be thrown down concrete stairs then hit by a bus. I looked around and realised I was in mine and Joe's room, except Joe was nowhere to been seen.

'Joeee..' As soon as I opened my mouth, the pain just felt worse. I laid back down and rested my head. I felt around for my phone on the chest of draws. It was midnight?

I went through my contacts until I reached Joe. I pressed dial. He picked up after 2 rings.

'Hi Maddy, you ok?' The pain was so bad, it actually made me cry.

'My hhhhead Jjjjoe.' I could barely even talk. 'Where arrrre yoooou?'

'I'm just downstairs, I'll come straight up.' I hung up. How did I get here? The last thing I remembered was talking about Gabby on the sofa. I heard footsteps from outside the room and then the door burst open.

'Oh Maddy.' Joe walked in and sat on his side of the bed next to me. I kept crying.

'My head hurts so much Joe.'

'Let me get you a cold flannel and a drink baby.'

'Don't leave me Joe.'

'Ok, let me get Alfie hang on.' Joe walked out to the landing and leant over the banister.

'Alfieeee!'

'Yes mate?'

'Can you bring a glass of water up for Maddy and get a cold flannel please?'

'Yeah give me 2 minutes.'

'Cheers mate.' Joe came back in and sat back down.

'Why does my head hurt so much Joe?'

'You passed out Mads.' I didn't remember anything, I felt so confused.

'It hurts Joe.'

'Shh, don't talk, it'll get worse. Alfie will be up in a minute.' He tickled my hand with his.

'Why did you leave me Joe?'

'You needed to rest Maddy.'

'I woke up without you, I thought you'd be here. But you weren't.'

'I'm sorry Maddy. You needed to rest.' There was a loud knock in the direction of the door. I didn't even open my eyes, I knew it would be Alfie.

'How you feeling little one?'

'My head hurts.'

'Here, sit up Maddy. Have a drink, you're dehydrated.' I drunk the drink and laid back down. Joe put the flannel over my forehead.

'You passed out because you hadn't eaten or drunk anything. You can't keep doing this Maddy.'

'I forgot Joe! We were busy all day.'

'You should never be too busy to eat Maddy.'

'I'm sick of everyone telling me what I can and can't do! Just go away, both of you.' Joe and Alfie looked at each other. Alfie nodded at Joe then left.

'Go away Joe.'

'I'm not leaving you!'

'You did before.'

'Maddy.'

'No, just fuck off.' Joe smiled sadly and left. I got my phone out and decided to do something I had never done before; book a flight. Sometimes you just need to get away.

I looked through the flights available for the next day and eventually chose to go to Rome. I booked a hotel next to the airport. My flight was at 11am, I had to be at the airport by 7am. I planned to sneak out and get the train. I just needed to work out the train routes.

I ignored my banging headache and packed the suitcase that I had bought from America. I put my headphones, passport and purse into my handbag. I set an alarm on my phone for 5:30am, I made sure it was quiet so it didn't wake Joe up, just loud enough to wake me.

I didn't bother to book a return ticket. Just me and a one way ticket to Rome. No one could tell me what to do or boss me about. I couldn't wait to go.

___________________________

Oh no! What is Maddy doing?!

What do you all think of the story so far? I hope you're all enjoying it!

369 reads! *giggles* !

Tomorrow is SUGGSUNDAY!!! Woop woop!!

My twitter is @sugg_sunday so TWEET ME!

I doubt I'll update again tonight, might just start a new chapter! I've updated so much in the last few days, I've surprised myself at how dedicated I've been!

I have actually written this whole story on my phone but I WILL buy a new laptop charger soon! I will make myself!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! LEAVE A COMMENT!

LOVE YOU ALL <3