Chapter 90

JOE
The day had gone agonisingly slow. I tried to keep myself as busy as possible filming and editing new videos, answering emails and doing as many little jobs as possible to get me through the day. Last night wasn't too bad, I edited my gaming video, had dinner with Zoe then went to bed. It was weird being in the bed alone but I managed it fine. However, today just felt boring. Long and boring.

I hadn't heard from Maddy since she left but I didn't expect to. I kept reminding myself she needed space but it was still tough to resist texting her. I knew she was at school but we'd usually still text each other when she had a free or wasn't so busy. I weirdly missed knowing what was going on in her school. 

My phone lit up with Caspar's name on it, pulling me from my depressing thoughts.

'Alright mate?' I answered.

'Hi Joe!' He giggled like a schoolgirl. God, this kid is so weird.

'What's up?'

'The sky!' He laughed. Caspar could always lift my mood with his childish antics.

'Very funny.'

'Thanks, I've been working on my humour. Anyway, do you fancy a night out? We haven't had a lads night in ages.'

'But it's Monday, Caspar?'

'So?'

'We never go out on Monday's?'

'Oh, Joe! For god sake, you know I can't lie to you.' He said sadly.

'What do you mean?'

'Zoe rang me and said we need to bring you out because you're sad!' He said quickly. Zoe should know by now not to trust Caspar with secrets.

'Wow.' I laughed slightly.

'Please come out, I don't want to get in trouble!'

'Fine then, I'll come to yours in about half a hour?' I suggested.

'Perfect! See you then.' Caspar replied, hanging up the phone.

I sighed loudly to myself. I wasn't in the mood for going out but getting drunk was always a good idea. I didn't even know what to wear, how did I used to do this every night?

I dug some clean jeans and a t-shirt out of my wardrobe, lightly brushed my teeth and pulled a comb through my hair before spraying cologne on myself and looking in the mirror and deciding that would do.

'Are you going out?' Zoe called as I walked past the living room.

'Yes, you'll be glad to hear.' I rolled my eyes. She just laughed.

'Have a nice time bro!'

I walked the few minutes to Caspar's house; the distance between the two of us was one of the best things about living in London. I was surrounded by so many of my friends here, yet I still felt so alone without Maddy.

'Joeeeee!' Caspar cheered when he opened the door holding a bottle of wine that had a straw in it.

'Hi mate.' I laughed, following him inside to see our friends Oli, Josh and Conor.

'He's here!' Josh shouted, obviously already drunk.

We wasted no time hanging around Caspar's flat and got into a taxi, directing the driver to a local club which we spent a lot of time at. Uptown Funk was playing in the taxi, it's an awful song and I still don't understand it's popularity however, it does take me back to when it played at Maddy's birthday party. We were both intoxicated and danced along to the diabolic song, feeling so carefree.

'Joe!' Caspar shouted, waking me from my thoughts, once again.

'God, when Zoe said you were bad, I didn't think she meant like this.' He mumbled, climbing out of the taxi.

I followed the boys into the club, Conor flashing the bouncer some VIP entrance proof. That was the best thing about being high profile like this, we got into pretty much anywhere we wanted, completely free. Not only was the entry free though, we got free drinks and special treatment.

The boys spotted two blonde twins and walked up to them, chatting and laughing as if they were best friends. 

'Who are they?' I shouted to Oli.

'Jess and Beth, they recently moved to London. We met them on a night out a few weeks back and they're part of the family now.' He informed me. 

'Nice to meet you, Joe!' One of them shouted to me before opening her arms for a hug. I hesitantly accepted, refusing to leave the poor girl hanging.

'Are you Jess or Beth?' I laughed.

'Jess, my sister is Beth!' She shouted.

'I get it!' I said, looking over at Beth who looked as enthusiastic to be here as I was.

'Did she not want to come out?' I asked an excitable Jess.

'No, she's just split with her boyfriend!'

'How come?' 

'We moved to London and he stayed up north but they just couldn't handle the distance.'

'That must be awful, I hope I never have to go through that.' I said honestly, taking the drink they boys had got me from Caspar's hand.

MADDY

I tried so hard not to cry as I looked at my phone. Going on Twitter was a mistake, the biggest mistake. I was trying to sleep but my phone was being bombarded with notifications and I just couldn't ignore it any longer. I was so confused at first, people asking me why I hadn't gone out tonight so I broke my own heart by checking Joe's Twitter.

He'd uploaded a picture with a girl called Jess. She was blonde and absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous as if she's just having a break from London Fashion Week. I looked through her Twitter, of course I did, to see Joe had recently followed her and she'd tweeted a lot to Caspar, Oli, Conor and Josh.

What hurt the most was the next picture I saw. It was of Joe and Jess but there was another girl in it, Jess' twin. Josh had posted it with a caption about him having a threesome. He wouldn't, would he?

Maisie was on the other side of the bed to me, in a deep sleep and Esme was on the floor, fast asleep like Maisie. I was so upset and felt so alone, ridiculously alone. This feeling took me back to America, reminding me of me sat on the bathroom floor alone at stupid times in the morning, bleeding and crying. Just bleeding and crying.

My phone vibrated and I hesitantly looked to see who it was, just incase it was Joe.

Unknown: I told you he doesn't want you. Are you starting to get it now?

A/N - OMG! I love the drama so much! Anyway, there's just 9 chapters left of this book now before I'm going to start the sequel 'More Lies, More Cameras and Much More Action'!!!! I've already written a few chapters and I absolutely cannot wait to share it and the ending for this book with you!! I don't think anyone can predict what is coming.. *evil laugh*

I'll give you a clue.. The sequel is set 2 years on from when this book ends and there's a big reunion between two of the characters..

LOVE YOU ALL XXX