Chapter 65

Chapter 65 - Joe POV

We sat on the bench in silence. The only noise was the gentle sound of the water fountain. It was already dark and the only light was from the water fountain. It was a cold winters night but we had each other to keep us warm.

'What are you going to do Joe?' I looked over at her in my arms next to me on the bench.

'What do you mean love?'

'Next week. Are you going to stay in Bath with Graham?'

'Well this week we'll stay at the flat and then I think I'm going to stay in Bath with one of my mates. Do you remember Tom?' She nodded against me. We had gone out with him one night.

'Well he's got a flat not far from Graham's house and I'm sure he won't mind me staying for a bit.'

'But you'll come to London every weekend?'

'Of course I will love.'

'This fountain is beautiful Joe.'

'I knew you'd like it.' The fountain was an arrow shape, it had a special meaning to it.

'Did you read the little sign love?'

'No, what sign?' I pointed to it. I had seen this on the way back to Maddy's ward earlier and thought it was really nice.

'It says, an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something good. So stay positive, good is coming.'

'That's such a nice quote.'

'Isn't it just.'

'I want to watch a film Joe.'

'Well I'm afraid that isn't really possible right now.'

'I know. I just want to snuggle up on the sofa with you and eat popcorn and chocolate whilst watching films we're not even watching.' I looked down and smiled at her.

'When we go home tomorrow, we can watch as many films as you want. We can go to blockbusters and take out every movie in the shop if you want.'

'Maybe not every movie.' We both laughed quietly.

'Yeah, that might be too many films.'

'I'm going to miss you when you go back to work.'

'Hey, we've still got another week together.'

'Well tomorrow's monday so we have 5 days until Megan arrives.'

'Maddy, I could spend a minute with you and it would make me happy, it's a minute without you that would break my heart. 5 days is plenty of time.' I saw Maddy look up at me and smile the beautiful smile I had missed so much.