Chapter 99

MADDY

My voice already hurt from screaming and they'd only just gone out there.

The biggest event of Vidcon had finally arrived, the whole British Crew plus Tyler Oakley stage event. The audience was going crazy, screaming and crying and chanting the name's of their idols. I felt like a proud mother as I heard more people shouting Joe than any other name.

Niomi and I had taken the front row seats we'd been offer opposed to our usual standing backstage and watching on a screen. It was incredible to be sat amongst the fans, talking to them as if we knew them our whole lives. They had so many questions for Niomi and I, wanting to know everything about being a 'YouTuber WAG'. I was glad I'd done my make-up as they all wanted pictures as well.

'Thank you all for coming!' Louise cheered into her microphone, making the audience pipe up again.

'We're going to play 'Who Is Most Likely To', so you guys will give us a situation and we'll pick who we think is most likely to fit the situation.' Jim explained.

'Who wants to start?' Tanya asked, causing uproar once again. It seemed as if the whole audience now had a situation to tell them.

I saw Joe looking around the audience, looking quite nervous so I stared at him until his eyes scanned the front row and met mine. He smiled and gave me a small wave, which some of the audience noticed as they awww'ed.

'I wish Marcus was as sweet as Joe, he doesn't look at me when doing stuff like this because I put him off. He asks me to stay backstage.' Niomi sighed, taking a sip of her wine.

'Really? Joe loves the support.' I told her, trying not to brag.

'You're so lucky. Ever since Marcus and I got engaged, nothing has been the same. It's like the magic has just gone. Appreciate being young, fresh and loved up.'

'Oh yeah, I forgot you were engaged. I didn't know you felt like that though, I'm sorry to hear that.'

'No, it's fine. I just don't know if we will end up getting married if we carry on like this.' She sighed.

'But he's always at yours? I don't think I've ever seen him at the flat before.' I questioned.

'No, Maddy.. He's never at mine.. He's always at the flat?' She asked, looking at me curiously. I was silent, not knowing what the hell to say.

'Those texts on his phone.. I knew it was more than that..' She said, her face turning as pale as the white jumper she was wearing.

'He can't be..' I tried to reassure her.

'No, it makes sense. It all adds up now.'

'What does?' I asked.

'He was at my flat one night about 2 weeks ago and he was in the bath and I went into his bag to get his charger out because I'd left mine at my mums and I found these earrings. They were so pretty but they weren't my birthstone and I thought they must be my anniversary present because our anniversary was last week and he'd just got the birthstone wrong; you know what men are like. So I waited and waited, then our anniversary came around and he forgot? No dinner, no present, no nothing.'

'Ah Nims! I'm so sorry!' I frowned, feeling deepest sympathy for my new friend.

'Why would someone let him cheat though? The whole world knows we're together.' She cried, wiping the tears that were falling.

'Some girls don't care and will take whatever they can get. Right tramps.' I told her, knowing I used to be one of those girls.

I looked up, realising I had stopped listening to my friends on stage altogether. They were still answering questions and fooling about. Joe was looking between Niomi and I suspiciously, I shot him my best I'll tell you later look and turned my attention to Marcus who hadn't even noticed his crying fiancé in the front row. I gave him a dirty look and continued comforting Niomi.