Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Maddy POV

I watched Zoe search through her handbag for her keys and then open the door. The house was big and mystical. It was like a fairytale cottage.

'Come on in Maddy, this is your home for the night.' Zoe smiled at me as I walked through the door. It was different to my home, there were no maids or cooks. Just 'daddy sugg' as Zoe had called him.
'Come this way!' She led me into the living room where a man was sitting on the sofa. He wasn't exactly old but he looked in quite good health.
'This is Grahame or Daddy Sugg. Dad this is Alfie's cousin Maddy from California.' Grahame stood up and stuck his hand out.
'Nice to meet you Maddy!' I reluctantly shook his hand. 'If you need or want anything just come let me know Maddy.' He smiled at me so I returned the smile. Alfie came in just after. He smiled at how settled I looked.

We sat on the sofa watching some show called X Factor. It had people singing on it. I'm sure we have it in America but I don't really watch tv. At 10 I started getting tired. I felt my eyes get heavy. I laid back in the chair and let my eyes shut themselves. As soon as I was drifting off, I jumped at a loud bang.
'For gods sake Joe, don't break the front door!' Zoe had said her younger brother Joe lived there, that must be him.
'Sorry dad!'
'Joe, come meet Alfie's cousin!' The door swung open and infront of my stood the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. He had blonde messy hair and a freckle on the side of his head. He was beautiful.
'Hi I'm Joe!' He stuck his hand out.
'Maddy.' I shook his hand and smiled at him.
'Tired?'
'Yes!'
'Shall we show you were your room is sweetie, I'll help you unpack if you want?'
'Yes please Zoe.' She smiled at me, I knew I'd be alright here.
'Alfie and Joe can you bring her bags up?'
'Yes sir!' Joe saluted Zoe and followed Alfie out of the room. Zoe stuck her hand out.
'Come on darling.' I smiled and took her hand as she helped me up. I felt bad for being so rude earlier, they're actually nice people.

I walked into my room, the walls were a beautiful cream colour with dark cream flowers. There was a large double bed, a wardrobe and a chest of draws. There was also a tv on the wall.
'Wow! This is lovely!'
'Zoe spent all day doing it up!' Alfie seemed as excited as me. Joe hadn't really said much.
'Thank you Zoe.' I smiled at her, I meant it.
'You're very welcome my darling.'
'Can we unpack tomorrow? I'm too tired.' Zoe smiled at me, I knew we could get along well.
'Actually there's no point unpacking, we'll be at Alfie's tomorrow night! I'll help you find your night clothes. Alfie can you go put the heating on and sort our room out please.' Alfie nodded and left.
'I'm gonna have a shower, I'll come say goodnight in a bit.' I smiled as Joe left. I imagined him in the shower..no Maddy stop.

'What bag are your pyjamas in?'
'Not sure if I packed any, normally have people round and I just sleep naked.' I shrugged like it's nothing.
'Well it'll be too cold to sleep in nothing, how about one of Joe's t-shirts? Or you can pick something from my wardrobe?'
'Okay yeah.' I smiled at her, she was so kind.
'I'll bring you shopping tomorrow, you need school uniform as well.'
'Ergh school uniform, really? My last school didn't have it.'
'Its alright uniform, don't worry.' Zoe led me into her room and gave me a tour on the way. My room was next to Joe's and Zoe's was on the other side. Zoe's room was next to Grahames.

I felt really bad at how I treated Zoe and Alfie, they were being so nice to me and they didn't deserve it. As Zoe lead me into her room, Alfie was sitting on her bed tapping away on his laptop. I didn't want to apologise but I knew I had to.
'Zoe? Alfie?' I hated apologising. My father always said I'm too stubborn for my own good, he's right as well.
'Yes sweetie?' 'Yes mads?'
'I'm really sorry for how I treated you at the airport earlier. You really didn't deserve it and I was annoyed. I feel really bad, I didn't mean anything I said I'm so sorry..' Alfie and Zoe looked at each other and smiled. Zoe heard her arms out and I walked towards her and hugged her. She smelt so nice and it was nice for someone to actually care about me for once, it had been a long time.