Chapter 80

'Madeline.' She said sternly through the phone as she finally picked up.

'It's Maddy, mom.' I reminded her, again.

'Well, you haven't rang in so long, I thought you may of forgotten all about me, I shall thereby call you whatever name I want to call me.' Her voice was so stern, it was almost like I was on facetime with her, seeing her sat in her office chair with her 'perfect' 90 degree posture.

'You haven't made any effort to call.'

'I did plan to, I'm busy at the moment.'

'Busy.' I laughed. We all knew what she was up to.

'How is England?' She dared to ask, maintaining her stuck up voice.

'Good.'

'Just good? I've seen articles about you and that new boyfriend of yours, Josh, was it?'

'Joe.' I gritted my teeth.

'Oh yes. I want you to end things, Madeline.' She surprised me by saying.

'What?!'

'He hasn't even got a proper job.' I could see her again, this time she was rolling her eyes and looking blankly at her perfect red painted fingernail.

'He's a roof thatcher!' My frustration was growing more with each breath. I could not believe she had the cheek to say that Joe didn't have a proper job, he earned a lot for what he did. I didn't know how I had survived living in that house for so long with that.. bitch.

'A roof thatcher?' She laughed. 'Darling Madeline, you are not going to be with someone who makes roof's out of rabbit food.'

'Rabbit's don't eat fucking thatching straw.'

'You probably do though.' She had the cheek to say.

'That is fucking it!' I shouted. 'I'm hanging up!'

'Wait!' She shouted before I could press the red button.

'I haven't told you my news!' She screamed, sounding almost happy.

'What?' I bellowed, I could not last another second talking to this women, I knew I'd end up smashing my phone.

'I'm pregnant!'