Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Zoe POV

Me and Alfie got into my car to set off to the airport.
'I'm so excited! I've always wanted a little sister I can dress up and put make up on but I've been stuck with joe my whole life!' Alfie laughed.
'I don't really remember Maddy, I just know she will have changed a lot through aged 12-17. Uncle Gary said she's a nightmare but I doubt that's true!' I laughed, I'm sure she's a lovely girl if she's related to Alfie.
'At least she's 17 not 14, she won't have as many raging hormones.'
'According to her dad, she has a new boy round every night.' I suddenly realised what kind of girl she is like. A slut.
'Oh god..what do you remember of her?'
'Ermm, she was polite, helpful, quiet and very very ugly.' Me and Alfie pulled the same face at the same time.
'So we've either got a nerd or a slut..'
'Doubt uncle Gazza would send her here if she was a nerd.' We both started laughing. That was true.

As we pulled into the airport I felt nervous.
'What if she doesn't like me?'
'Who couldn't like you?' I laughed at Alfie's sweetness. I do try to be nice to people, I don't like meanness or rudeness.

We had been standing there for half a hour when a big crowd of people came out, we started looking for her. 5 minutes later the whole plane had departed but she was nowhere to be seen. The whole plane was business men and very important looking people.
'Excuse me, that was the California to London plane wasn't it?'
'Yes sir, is there a problem?'
'Well I'm supposed to be picking my cousin up but she didn't come out?'
'She might be getting her luggage sir.' Alfie nodded and we waited a bit longer.

'Zoe there she is!' You could hear the excitement in Alfie's voice. 'MADDDYYYY!' I looked up at saw a very thin, brunette girl. She was so pretty and looked like a model. I felt a wave of happiness when I saw that she was wearing make up, we can go makeup shopping. She was wearing light blue high wasted skinny jeans and a black long sleeved belly top. She looked nothing like Alfie. She strutted over in her heels, she looked like she was going clubbing.

'Hey Alf,' she sounded like she was trying to not sound bored.
'Hey Maddy! Wow you've grown so much!' He went to hug her but she pulled away, rude?
'You trying to call me fat?' Alfie looked at me, I know exactly what he meant. Here we go. I sighed at how pathetic she was.
'No Maddy, you've just got older.'
'No shit, that's kind of what happens over 5 years.' He shook his head towards me knowing he'd made the wrong decision.
'This is my girlfriend, Zoe.' I smiled at Maddy, she looked me up and down making me feel uncomfortable.
'Hi Maddy, I've heard a lot about you,' I stuck my hand out as I thought it would be safer than a hug. She completely blanked it and turned back to Alfie.
'So you've been running your gob off about me to this slag?' His mouth dropped open, that's it, I'm not a slag! 'Some people never change.' What's that supposed to mean? Alfie obviously knows more about this girl than he made out.
'Come on Maddy, let's go to the car.' Alfie said sternly, he meant it. I was angry and so was he.

Maddy walked off quickly to the entrance leaving me and Alfie with her bags.
'Oh my god.'
'Alfie what did she mean by some people never change?' Alfie shifted between his feet uncomfortably.
'I don't know Zoe.' I knew he was lying but it wasn't the time to argue. I just nodded and carried on walking. What had we done? We can't cope with this for 8 months.