Chapter 13

Really sorry I haven't updated in ages! Been really busy with school and work and blah blah! <3

___________________________

Chapter 13 - Joe POV

'Don't be silly Joe, we both know that's not true.'

'I love her Zoe, I've never felt this way about anyone. It's been 2 days and I've known from the second I've seen her that I love her.'

'Joe, stop it. She's too young for you and she's my boyfriends cousin for gods sake. Don't be so stupid!'
'I love her, there's nothing you can do about it.'

'I don't know how you expect me to sit back and watch you get your heart broken! You're my younger brother, I'm not letting you do this Joe.'

'Get my heart broken? What the fuck you on about?'

'Look at her! She's perfect, she can't be real. Alfie's spoken to her mum, she sleeps with a new boy every night which obviously means she doesn't develop feelings. She'll push you away once you've had sex with her and then you'll come running back to me all upset and I'll just say I told you so.'

'We both know that won't happen.'
'You hesitated before you said that, I know you too well.' I shook my head knowing as usual, she'd won the argument. Zoe did have a point, perfect girls don't exist.

After sitting on the sofa on my own for about half a hour, Alfie and Maddy came down the stairs with their suitcases.

'Going so soon?' They normally didn't leave until really late.

'Yeah, need to get back before I miss broadchurch!' I rolled my eyes at my sister. She was obsessed with this new program. Maddy just stood there silently looking down at her suitcase awkwardly.

'Come on little one, let's get into the car, and you Maddy! I need a nickname for Maddy, any suggestions?'

'Beautiful one.' I said proudly. Zoe turned straight around and gave me a surprised warning look, Alfie looked shocked as well. Maddy just smiled.

'Well Joe, we'll let you say goodbye to Maddy. Come on Zoe let's get in the car.' Zoe resistively opened the front door and started walking out, I knew Alfie just wanted her alone to ask if we're an item. Maddy looked up at me as the front door shut.

'I'm going to miss you so much Joe.' She looked really upset. I dug into my pocket and pulled my phone out.

'What you doing?' I didn't answer Maddy, I made a new contact in my phonebook called 'beautiful one<3' and handed my phone to Maddy.

'Put your number in my phone, I'll ring you every night and text you every morning.' Maddy smiled and punched her number into my phone. When she was done she handed it back, I pulled her into a massive hug.

'See you soon Maddy bear.' I kissed her soft cheek as we pulled away.

'Look after yourself baby, text or ring me if you need anything, anytime of the day or night, I'm here.'

'Goodbye Joe.' And with that she left.

I just stood there and watched the car drive off. It was pitch black outside and the headlights just got further and further away. So far I couldn't even see them.

Isn't love crazy? It took just two days for me to fall in love with Maddy, just two days. But I don't blame myself.

She is the most beautiful girl in the world.