Chapter 98

JOE

Vidcon was crazy, crazier than ever before. I never remembered it ever being this busy before, in fact this is definitely the biggest any YouTube event I'd attended has ever been.

'My prediction, in 2 years time team Internet will be ruling the world.' I told Maddy as she came out of our ensuite bathroom in her underwear with a towel wrapped around her hair.

'Oh yeah?'

'Yep. Tyler Oakley will be president of the USA and guess who will be mayor of London.'

'Who?'

'Marcus Butler.' I said proudly, watching my girlfriend burst out laughing.

'The day Marcus Butler becomes mayor of London is the day SpongeBob gets his driving license.' She laughed.

'No need to be so dramatic!' I winked.

'Come on Joe, you need to get a move on. We've got to be downstairs in 15 minutes.' She smiled before opening our suitcase to find herself some clothes. We'd been here 3 days now and we still hadn't unpacked because we've just been so exhausted.

This year's schedule was so jam-packed, we barely had time to breathe. We'd go from one meet up to another to a stage talk, only having a bottle of water and a sandwich if we were lucky inbetween.

As far as I was aware, Maddy was loving her time back here. She came to one of my meet ups for a little bit yesterday which was really nice as the fans adore her. She'd also had a spa day with Niomi before coming back so they could both support their boyfriends and the other members of the YouTube boyband in our live performance. Even though our original video was over a year ago, people still went crazy wanting to hear us sing.

'Where's the shampoo, love?' I shouted whilst turning the shower on.

'Second draw down, on the left.' She shouted back, I thanked her and grabbed it out before climbing into the shower.

I always sing in the shower, today wasn't any different. Today's song choice was Sex by The 1975. One of my all time favourites.

'She's got a boyfriend anyway!' I sang in opera style, before repeating in a robot voice.

'All we seem to do is talk about sexxxxxxxx.' I sang, trying to mimic Adele's voice.

'1738, ayyyyyy she's got a boyfriend anyway yeah babeeeeee.' I sung, trying to impersonate Fetty Wap.

'I'm loving the private concert but 10 minutes babe!' Maddy said, opening the door to the bathroom.

'Okay, okay.' I said, rinsing my hair and turning the shower off.

I grabbed one of the hotel towels, appreciating the softness as it rubbed against my body. I barely dried myself, knowing the hot weather would help me before walking out the bathroom butt naked in hunt of some clothes.

Maddy whistled at me cheekily as I entered the main room and picked up some clothes she'd laid out for me.

'Thank you, love.' I smiled before pulling them on.

'We need to go!' She panicked, grabbing her bag and shoving her feet into her flip flops.

'But I haven't dried my hair yet!' I pouted, pointing to the atrocious barnet on top of my head.

'Tough!' She answered, grabbing our room key from the top of the dresser.

'What if a fan sees me looking like this mess?'

'It's nothing they haven't seen before! Come on.' She nagged, practically running out the room, leaving me to follow.

'Oh here they are!' Zoe cheered as we entered into the restaurant.