Chapter 12

Chapter 11- Maddy

One panic attack, one child screaming and one boy trying on every dress in the shop later, we had finally finished shopping. Zoe had bought me so many new clothes, we got my school uniform and Joe got some new shoes. Zoe and Louise had bought me into a shop called Lush, it smelt amazing it there. Zoe bought me some bath things to bring to Alfie's as well as getting some herself. I had picked up a few christmas presents for Zoe with Joe and Louise's help.

Louise, Darcy and Zoe went off to get a Starbucks whilst me and Joe went shopping for Zoe. Joe bought her a hairdryer she had raved about and a few massive candles, I just bought her some expensive make up, a macaroon home baking kit and some guinea pig toys and pictures, all guided and suggested by Joe who was texting Louise.

I didn't know whether to get Louise something, I had only just met her.. Christmas is the most awkward time to spend in someone you don't even know's house.

I had talked to Joe as we walked around the shops, we got to know each other a lot better. I wanted to chat to him about the feelings I'm starting to develop and just how I'm feeling but I knew it wasn't the right time. He probably doesn't feel the same way, he has hundreds of thousands of girls going mad over him, he could do better than me anyday.

We all climbed back into the car, Louise and Darcy joined us.
'What shall we do for dinner?'
'Nandos!!!!!!' Joe said.
'What's Nandos?' Joe looked at me as if I had killed someone.
'You don't know what nandos is?'
'No?'
'Right we're going to nandos.'
'Noooo! Me and Louise are on a diet and it's too hot for Darcy! Alfie will be home as well, let's just order a pizza.'
'How about you lot go home and order a pizza and me and Maddy go to nandos?' Zoe looked round at Joe, they had they're weird sibling pathological minds on.
'Good idea! Let's drop them there then go home!' I was squashed in the back with Joe and Darcy in her car seat. Louise had got here by train and didn't bring her car, they're going home tonight anyway.

Joe held the door open for me as I climbed out the door.
'See you all later!' Joe shouted as he shut the door.
'Bye dough.' Darcy shouted as the door shut, making as all laugh. Zoe drove off so me and Joe were just standing outside nandos.
'Why don't we go in?' Joe chuckled. It was only 5pm but it was already dark, got to love winter, sarcasm.
'Joe, just wait a minute.' I took a deep breathe, I hated restaurants. Why didn't I just ask to get a takeaway whilst I had the chance.
'You ok?' Joe looked worried.
'Fine.' I fake smiled. Joe grabbed my hand and squeezed it as we walked I to the restaurant.
'Table for 2 please.' He spoke proudly as he held my hand. I looked around, the whole restaurant was busy and noisy. Great.

'Sooo..what you having?'
'I think I'm just gonna get the salad.' Everything looked like it had so many calories in. I can't eat calories. Joe looked up at me as if he was waiting for me to laugh and say I was joking.
'Maddy, you can't come to nandos for your first time or ever and not order chicken. That's like going to KFC and just ordering chips or going to a pizza restaurant and just ordering a drink!'
'I don't want anything else.' Joe went from his casual jokers face to his serious, worried, sympathetic face.
'If you want to go home or somewhere else, just tell me.'
'I don't want to ruin your night.'
'I don't care about my night, just as long as you're alright.' I thought of Jack, he wouldn't like it if I was here with Joe. Even though our relationship was always secret, I still feel like I shouldn't cheat. He died 3 years ago, he was my sisters boyfriend, not mine. Just a secret high school affair. Tears ran down my face, I didn't even notice.
'No Maddy, please don't cry.' Joe leant over and held my hand. 'Maddy it's alright, stop crying.'
'It's not alright! I'm Jack's girlfriend. I shouldn't be here with you, I shouldn't have been thinking about you every minute since I met you. I shouldn't be in love with you.' I sobbed as I spoke, I didn't even look up at Joe. I knew he'd be shocked.
'Can I take your order.'
'NOT THE FUCKING TIME.' I jumped as Joe shouted, it wasn't the right time for the waitress. Joe was still holding my hand really tight as I sobbed. I felt eyes burning into my back, I didn't even care that everyone was looking at us.
'Zoe can you pick us up please? No now.' That was the next thing I heard.
'WHAT ARE YOU ALL FUCKING LOOKING AT?' Joe really scared me again, I was surprised at his tone.

Joe got out of his seat and walked over. He kneeled down by my side. I pulled myself off the table and leant down.
'Listen baby, everything's alright. Jack loves you with all his heart, I'm sure of it. Zoe's coming to pick us up and bring us home, I promise you haven't ruined my evening before you start. We can get some dinner at home and maybe try this again next week if you're feeling up to it. Please don't cry, it's ok. Everything's ok.'

I walked out of nandos holding Joe's hand. I felt everyone staring and talking about us but I couldn't care less. Zoe was waiting outside in her car. Joe opened the door of the front for me and he climbed in the back. He didn't even speak to me.
'What happened?' Zoe asked as soon as Joe shut the door. They looked at each other for a minute, Zoe nodded. Here we go again with the sibling pathology.
'Zoe?'
'Yes my darling.'
'What time are we going to Alfie's?'
'We'll leave about 8ish. You need to pack your school uniform, makeup for the week, clothes to wear in the evenings and pyjamas. You won't need much and don't worry if you forget anything, I have most things at Alfie's.' I nodded.
'So it's just us and Alfie?' I knew Joe had already explained this but I just wanted to make conversation and try to drive away from the nandos conversation.
'And Marcus, Marcus is also a youtuber, he shares the flat with Alfie and he's lovely. He's so funny, I know you too will get on well!'

I felt nervous about meeting Marcus, I wasn't sure why. Just had a really bad feeling about him..