Chapter 100 (SMUT)

MADDY

'Did you miss me?' She asked, smiling in that evil, yet so sweet smile she mastered so well almost making me drop my shopping and fall flat on my face on one of California's busiest streets.

'Gab-Gab Gabby.' I said in shock, completely freezing.

'Surprised? You shouldn't be, I've been here all along.' She smiled.

'B-but you're meant t-to be d-d..'

'Dead? Oh honey, have you ever seen a dead person walk?'

'No, I don't like this. I'm calling Joe and leaving.' I said loudly, bravery shining through my voice. Gabriella grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

'Joe?' She laughed, an intimidating, powerful laugh.

'Did you learn nothing from those texts I sent you? What about the article I had published just for you! You and Joe will never exist.'

'That was you?' I asked quietly, my heart sinking to the ground. I had so many happy memories of Gabriella and I when we were young but now, more and more of them just seem to be shattered with every word.

'I never wanted to hurt you, I was just trying to show you that you belong here, in America. Our family needs you. I need you!'

'Do Mum and Dad know you're alive?'

'Not exactly, please Maddy.. I need your time, come back to my flat with me. I'll explain everything.' My sister begged. I could hear Joe's voice screaming at me, warning me not to be so stupid and put myself at risk by following her back.

Gabby stayed quiet for the short walk back to her flat, I recognised the area we were walking through well. It was just slightly out of our town, a few minutes drive away.

'If you're alive.. Who's in your grave?' I asked suddenly as the shock began to wear off and my brain started realising the horrific truths of the situation.

'That's not important Maddy, what's important is the short time we have. I know your plane is leaving in just under a hour so I don't have long to convince you to stay.' Convince me to stay? She thinks I would ever move back here?

'This isn't real, I'm dreaming.' I told myself with confidence.

'You're not, it's me Maddy. It's really me.' I took another look at my blonde sister noticing everything was how I remembered her. She still had freckles on her nose and her ears were still slightly pointed at the top.

We arrived at what I assumed to be Gabby's place as she stopped walking and pulled a door that looked just as secure as the smashed window. The whole place looked completely run down and abandoned, the last place I assumed my usually prestigious sister to live.

'Stay quiet.' She said as she led the way down a staircase and into a room. I couldn't believe the sight of it, it was just a mattress on the floor with a computer sat on top. There were two doors leading out.

'This is where you live?' I asked shocked.

'Just for now, I'm ready to come home.'

'Then go home! I don't live there anymore Gabby but they need you back. Everything fell apart when you left!'

'Things were broken way before then, Maddy and you know it.'

'You can't just come waltzing back into my life like this! It isn't fair, I'm finally over you.' I cried.

'Over me? I'm not an ex boyfriend, I was your sister. You thought I was dead, you don't just get over that!'

'I was finally on my way to being happy again, I knew I shouldn't of come back to this damned country.'