Chapter 50

Chapter 50 - Joe POV

The past few days had mostly been spent in bed with films and ice cream. We went out some days but stayed in for most of the time.

I knew Zoe was coming home today and I knew I had to tell her today. She deserved to know the truth, I just wish I had told her years ago, it would have been so much easier.

I looked over at Maddy fast asleep in one of my tshirts, hugging the pillow. We were both really looking forward to New Years Eve, Maddy was meeting all the YouTubers and me and Caspar were helping Marcus propose to Niomi. I just hoped it would all go well.

I secretly hoped Marcus would pick me as his best man but deep down I knew he would pick someone like Alfie. He's always been better friends with Alfie than me, they even live together!

Tomorrow Tanya and Jim are coming and staying the night. It's a long way for them to travel to go to Caspar's party so Zoe asked if they'd like to stay. Maddy was really excited about meeting them and I was planning to collab with Jim.

I kissed my girlfriend on the cheat and got in the shower. All I could think about was how was I going to tell Zoe. I stood in the shower thinking about ways to tell Zoe. I must have lost track of time. There was a soft knock on the bathroom door.

'Joe? Joooe? Joe are you in there?' I turned the shower off.

'Yeah, I am Maddy.'

'Are you okay? You've been in there for at least a hour.'

'I didn't realise, I'm just coming Maddy.'

'Is everything ok?'

'Yeah.'

'That means it's not. I'm going back to bed.' I just sighed and picked up my towel. I dried myself, wrapped it round my bottom half and walked back into our bedroom. Maddy was sitting up in bed on her phone.

'Come here babe. Give me a hug.' I smiled and sat on the bed. Maddy moved onto my lap and put her arms around me.

'I love you Joe.' I put my head on her chest.

'I love you too.' She rubbed my back. I laid back with her on my lap.

'What's up Joe? Don't say nothing, I know you too well.' I sighed.

'I need to tell Zoe today, but I don't know how.'

'Oh Joe.' She came closer to me. 'You'll find a way when you're face to face. You'll know how to do it.'

'I just don't want to upset her.'

'I know babe but if you think about it, she'd be more hurt if she knew you were all lying to her.'

'I know Mads but what you don't know, can't hurt you..right?'

'No, you just get hurt with a lie instead.' I sighed, Maddy was right.

'You're right Maddy.' She turned so she was facing me which her legs either side of my legs. She put her arms around my naked chest and pulled my close to her. She played with my hair from behind. I put my arms around her and stroked her hair. It was perfect.

Me and Maddy were sat in bed watching Toy Story, all snuggled up under the covers. There was a loud noise downstairs like a door slamming.

'WE'RE HOME!' Me and Maddy instantly looked at each other. It was already 8pm. We heard someone running up the stairs.

'We've got takeaway downstairs. Me and Alfie just picked it up.'

'Thanks Zoe, we'll be right down.' She smiled and left the room. Maddy gripped my hand.