Chapter 41

Chapter 41 - Alfie POV

Louise, Darcy and Matt were over at ours. We had opened our presents, had dominos pizza and watched a few Christmassy films.

Zoe loved Darcy, she just absolutely adored her. It was so nice to see Zoe's face light up as soon as she saw her. Zoe hadn't been her happiest lately, I knew she just wanted to try protect Joe but it's hard when they think they know best.

'Chummy!'

'Yes Chummy?'

'We're going to get going now because Darcy needs to go to bed!'

'Chummmy!' Zoe pulled a sad face. Louise gave me a hug.

'Hope you have an amazing Christmas Alfie palfie.' I laughed at the nickname she gave me.

I said goodbye to Matt as Zoe and Louise said goodbye. I went and opened the front door for them, just as they were about to leave, Joe's car pulled up. Joe got out.

'Alright Louise? Hiya Matt!'

'Hi Joe!'

'Chummy you have to stay longer and say hello to Joseph and Maddy!'

'Oo Maddy's there as well! I suppose 10 minutes wouldn't hurt.' Joe went over to Maddy's side of the car and helped her out. Maddy looked really strange?

'Hi Maddy darling.' Louise tried to talk to her, she just laughed and tried to walk. She couldn't even walk.

I saw Zoe shaking her head at Joe who was trying to keep Maddy standing up. I think Louise and Matt were a bit shocked.

'Maddy, upstairs. Come on.' I was surprised at Joe's tone. He seemed really angry. Joe kept pushing Maddy towards the house, he then gave up and picked her up.

We all created a space between the crowd of us for Joe and Maddy to get through.

'Joe I'll come up with you.' Louise went running after them. She was always the one looking after the drunk people at the party. After all she was a mum and she did go to university.

'And this is exactly what I fucking mean.' Zoe snapped. Matt looked so confused.

'Matt mate, do you just want to sit down for a minute. Zoe I'm going up.' Zoe nodded.

I went up to Maddy's room and saw Louise talking to her with Joe sitting on the bed next to her. I hinted for Joe to come out and talk to me.

'Louise I'll be back in two minutes, could you try get her into her pyjamas please? They're down there.' Joe followed me out of Maddy's room and into my room.

'What happened mate?'

'I picked her up from her friends house, at first I called her like 20 times and she wouldn't answer and then when she did answer it was clear she had been asleep. I went and picked her up and she was so drunk she couldn't even stand up and she was moaning about having a headache so I got her some painkillers and then she fucking threw up all over my car on the way home.'

'Oh Joe. I'm sorry about your car but she should have been more sensible.'

'Go on, you get back to Zoe and I'll go help Louise.'

Joe POV

When I went back into Maddy's room, Louise was halfway through taking her jeans off.

'Good girl, just stay like that for me.' I was glad that Louise hadn't done the top half yet as I didn't want her knowing about her scars.

Louise pulled her pyjama bottoms up for her as she lay there with her eyes half open.

'You go back downstairs to your family Louise, I'll sort Maddy out.'

'Are you sure? I don't mind.'

'No it's fine, it's just like I've seen her body before and I know she's not comfortable with it so I think she'd prefer me to do it.'

'Aw, that's sad. When she wakes up, make sure you tell her that I'm just a phone call away if she needs a chat. Boys, sex, body issues, friendships, I know them all so well!'

'Will do Louise, have a lovely Christmas!' I gave Louise a kiss.

'I'll see you soon Joe.'

'Maddy, can you hear me?'

'Mhmm.'

'Can you sit up for me so I can get you changed?' She put her arms around my neck and pulled herself up. I pulled her top over her head and undid her bra. I put her pyjama top on her and let her get comfy again.

'Don't go Joe.'

'I'm not going anywhere.'

'Good.' She couldn't even finish saying the word as she was falling asleep. I smiled and pulled the cover over her before lying on top next to her.

It wasn't long before I was asleep as well.

___________________________
I woke up this morning and I had hit 1000 reads!!!! Thank you so much everybody!!!!!!!

My next chapter (chapter 42) is going to be Christmas Eve. I thought it was crazy how a couple of days ago when I was planning the next few chapters out, I had said chapter 24 will be Christmas Eve and chapter 25 will be Christmas Day. Wow, 18 chapters later, it is Christmas Eve!

I'll update again today.

My Twitter is @sugg_sunday

Have a lovely day <3