Chapter 59

Chapter 59 - Maddy POV

'Ergh Tanya, which one?!' I held the two dresses up. We were getting ready for Caspar's party.

'They're both beautiful darling! Why don't you try them on and see which one you prefer?'

'Ok.' I took one last look at Tanya doing her makeup and sighed. Tanya was absolutely beautiful. Her makeup always looked perfect as well. I walked out the spare room and into mine and Joe's room. He was sitting at his desk with just his suit trousers on. He looked round.

'You alright?'

'Can't decide what dress to wear.' I pulled a face, Joe laughed. I frowned at him.

'Come here.'

'No, you just laughed at me.'

'Sorry babe, come here, come look at this.' I walked over to his chair.

'Sit on my lap.' I laughed.

'Joe I'd squash you!' He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head. His smile disappeared.

'You know what, don't even bother.'

'What?'

'We've already had this conversation about you putting yourself down all the time, I'm not listening to it anymore.' I sighed.

'Sorry, I forgot.' Joe just shook his head.

'Go and get ready Maddy.'

'Can you help me pick a dress?'

'Yeah but I need to see you with them on.' I took my top off ready to put my dress on. As I took it over my head, I realised the room was now empty and Joe had left. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

I realised I'd need to take my bra otherwise the straps with stick out. I didn't mind so I just took it off.

I loved the dress. It was black and fitted with a skater skirt. It was high neck and had a bit cut out near the chest so you could show a bit of cleavage. It had no sleeves or back but that was ok as all my cuts had healed.

I went back into Tanya's room.

'Tanya, would you mind doing my makeup for me?' Tanya's face lit up.

'Of course I can! Give me a few seconds darling, just need to do my lips.' I smiled. Tanya looked so pretty in her long sleeved top and body-con skirt. I was honestly jealous of how beautiful she is.

'Thank you Tan!' I sat down, she started doing my makeup.

'Where's Joe then hunny?'

'I don't know, we had a bit of an argument and then he just left our room.'

'When was that?'

'Literally just now.'

'He won't have gone far, Jim's in the shower so he's probably just downstairs.' I nodded. I didn't really care anymore. I knew I didn't need to keep an eye on his 24/7, I just couldn't help it.

'You looking forward to this party then?'

'If I'm honest Mads, I'd rather be at home with my family.' I nodded.

'I know the feeling. If I was in America then I'd probably absolutely drunk out of my mind at a strangers house right now.' Tanya laughed.

'Do you miss America?' I thought for a minute, do I miss America?

'It's really weird, I don't miss it as such but it feels like I'm only going to be here for a while like as if I'll be back home next week but then in a way I feel like this is my new home and I don't know America?'