Chapter 62

Chapter 62 - Joe POV

I watched her lie there. Her chest moving slowly up and down with the gentle heartbeat sound in the background. She had overdosed and it was all my fault.

Louise didn't follow me to the hospital. She dropped me back at Caspar's so I could get my car and drive up to the hospital. New Year's Eve is meant to be a happy night yet I'm spending it watching my girlfriend in a coma.

There was only one thing I could do, this had gone too far. I needed to call her parents. It's so out of my control now.

I reached into the bag Louise had packed her and grabbed her phone. I knew her password and she knew mine. I went into the hospital corridor and got up the number for her mum.

I worked out it would be about 4/5pm in California right now. I dialled the number on my phone so it wouldn't affect Maddy's phone bill. I pressed the green phone. It rang 3 times before somebody picked up.

'Mrs Taylor speaking, how can I help you?' She sounded very posh and professional.

'Hi Mrs Taylor.. Are you Maddy's mum?'

'Depends, what's she done now?'

'No nothing, erm my names Joe, I'm Maddy's boyfriend.' The lady laughed down the phone.

'What just for tonight?'

'No we've been together for a few weeks now,' I knew it had only been a week but a week sounded bad. 'I just wondered if we could talk about her, I'm really worried and I don't know what to do.'

'God bless you darling, how have you put up with her?'

'She's an amazing girl Mrs Taylor. I think you'd be really proud if you saw her now, she's doing so well at her new school.'

'What do you want anyway? You must be calling for a reason.'

'I'm really worried about her. She's currently in hospital in a coma after overdosing from a suicide attempt.' My eyes watered as I talked. Maddy's mum just laughed.

'It's about time she died, she's a murdered. She murdered my baby, Gabriella. Looks like karma's finally caught her.' Tears poured down my face.

'How can you be so fucking cold hearted? Your daughters tried to kill herself and you don't even care! You sick-'

'Is that all you wanted? Ok bye.' She hung up. I felt so sick. Maddy's parents clearly never loved her. How could they throw such an amazing girl away like that.

I leant against the wall as my legs gave way. I sobbed into my knees not caring that people were walking past and staring.

I fucking love this girl.

__________________________

Hi everyone!

I know I've been crap with updating lately and I have had a lot of comments asking me to update so I'm really sorry about that. I've been so busy with exams and my drama performance.

This story now has over 16,000 reads which to be honest, is just crazy!

Thank you so much for your support, each and everyone of you!

I'm going to be starting a new story this week so look out for that!!

Love you all <3