Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Maddy POV

'Maddy?! Are you up sweetie?' I groaned as I felt something crushing me. I pulled my eyes open and saw Joe lying in my bed, half on top of me. I gasped as I knew Zoe would walk in any minute. The door flung open straight away, I didn't have time to do anything.
'Mad- OH MY GOD!' She looked horrified as she pointed at Joe straight away.
'Zoe it's not what? it looks like!' Considering the fact I was fully dressed, I don't even know what she was thinking.
'Well what is it then? To me it looks like my 23 year old brother is in bed with my boyfriends 17 year old cousin!' Zoe seemed really really angry.
'What the fuck is all the shouting about?' Joe finally woke up, just a bit late. Zoe looked straight at Joe I watched his face drop.
'Zoe it's not what it looks like..'
'Joe if you're not out of this bed in the next 10 seconds I'm getting dad and Alfie up here.' Joe climbed out of bed straight away. He was in just a pair of boxers and had the very awful morning glory. He awkwardly left the room not even trying to cover up his erection. I rolled my eyes, Zoe sounded just like my mom whenever she found someone in my bed.
'Maddy, get dressed. We're going shopping.' Zoe put no emotion into it at all, she didn't even look at me. She left and slammed the door, I heard shouting coming from outside.

I peeled off my long sleeved pyjamas and looked for a something long sleeved to wear today. I never wear short sleeved clothes, I can't have anyone find out about my secret. I put on a black vest top with some superdry denim shorts, over the top I put on my very expensive knitted cardigan that I loved. I grabbed my Louis Vuitton handbag and put my white converse on and checked my phone. Still nothing, shows how much my parents care.

I left my room and noticed Joe's door was wide open, there was a loud noise coming from inside, a noise that sounded like a hairdryer. I walked past making sure he saw me.
'Maddy..come in?' He switched the hair dryer off and sorted his towel out as he walked in.
'I'm really sorry about last night, it was a bad idea.'
'No Maddy it's fine, I should be the one who is sorry. I thought you were older and I didn't think of the consequences.'
'Look Joe,' I sat down on his bed, 'it's not as if anything happened, we slept in the same bed, so what? You're 23 and I'm 18 next month, it's only 4 years. So what if anything had happened, we're both over the minimum age.'
'I think you have the wrong idea Maddy, I don't want to have sex with you..' I looked him straight in the eye.
'You don't mean that.' I walked out straight away, before he could even answer. The truth was, I didn't want to know the answer because I knew it would be the answer I didn't want to hear.
'Maddy!' I just kept walking until I was on the landing, Alfie was standing out there on his phone. He didn't know about last night.
'Morning Mads! Everything alright?' I faked a smile and nodded before running down the stairs.

I ran into the kitchen and saw Zoe and Graham cooking.
'Morning!' Zoe seemed cheerful, guessing she's forgiven me since this morning.
'Morning.'
'Take a seat, we're just making some breakfast then we'll go shopping. I told Louise we'll meet her at 12.'
'Louise?'
'Sprinkle of glitter on youtube, she's my best friend, you'll love her I promise! She's bringing her daughter Darcy, who's two.' Great, I thought. Stuck with 2 girls who are 8 years older than me and a 2 year old.
'Great..what's for breakfast?'
'The Classic British fry up, bacon, sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, toast, onions and hash browns!' My stomach churned, I thought of all the calories in it.
'Lovely.'
'You do like all that, don't you?' I didn't want to seem rude.
'Yeah, love it.' I managed a smile but I was dreading it. I sat down at the table and read the British Vogue magazine that was there. I had never read a British magazine before but they're not that different from American ones.

Zoe and Graham served breakfast up.
'Maddy can you call Alfie and Joe please sweetie.' I nodded and went to the bottom of the stairs.
'ALFIEEEE, JOEEE, BREAKFASTT.'
'Coming.' Alfie replied but Joe said nothing. I went and sat back at the table as Zoe brought our breakfasts over. She said opposite me as Graham put two plates down next to us.
'Enjoy!' I looked down at the plate, it was swimming in grease. I felt sick even looking at it, if this is an English breakfast then how are they not all massive! Joe and Alfie joined us, Alfie sat down next to Zoe and Joe sat next to me. Zoe gave us a discreet smile.

After Joe and Alfie had wolfed their breakfasts down, Zoe was still eating and I had barely started. I couldn't stop thinking about the calories and whenever I went to swallow, my throat would just close up and not let me. We were having a conversation while we ate so Zoe and Alfie didn't notice but I felt Joe's eyes burning into the side of my head.

After eating a quarter of the food, I excused my self to the bathroom. I stuck two fingers down my throat and let it all come up. I kept going until I felt dizzy and completely empty. I tried to keep the gagging as silent as possible, but I'm used to doing it in my en suite bathroom where no one can hear anything. There was a loud knock at the door, I jumped and quickly flushed the chain.
'Maddy?' Oh shit, it's Joe.
'Hang on.' My voice broke as I said it, I tried so hard not to cry.
'Maddy open the door please.'
'Just wait a minute.'
'Now Maddy.' I heard the urgency and worry in his voice so I reluctantly turned the lock. I had tears in my eyes and I was shaking. I didn't even want to image how pale and sick I looked. I slowly pulled the door open, Joe was standing there looking pale and upset. As soon as I opened the door he pulled my into his arms as I broke down into tears.
'Come on, let's go to my room, I can't stand the smell in here.' He picked me up and carried me out of the bathroom. I was still crying into Joe. I knew we were on the landing when Joe said something.
'Don't tell Zoe or Alfie about this dad, please. Thanks.' Is all I heard. Joe pushed the door open and then closed it behind him. He sat me down on the bed and went and turned his tv off. I tried to stop crying so I bit my lip really hard.

Joe came and sat down next to me and wiped my tears with his hand.
'Your lip is bleeding Maddy.' I licked my lip which made my mouth fill with a metallic taste. I could still taste the sick as well so you could probably guess how nice my taste was. Joe put his legs either side of me and pulled me into his chest. I knew he was thinking of the best way to ask me about it. He kissed the side of my neck as I looked at the clock. It wasn't even 11.
'Can you tell me why you do it?' Joe's voice was sweet and lovely as if he was talking to a 4 year old. I kept looking at the clock as I couldn't bare to see how upset he was.
'That breakfast was really fattening, I don't want to get fat..' I sounded ridiculous.
'One breakfast won't make you fat Maddy, it's ok to treat yourself.'
'It makes me feel fat though.' Joe tightened his grip on me and leant forward to whisper into my ear.
'You obviously see yourself very different to how I see you. I've known you for how long? 12 hours? And I already think you're the most amazing person on this planet. You're beautiful, funny, easy to get along with, caring, strong, lovely and just a bit broken. It's hard to leave home so suddenly, I know it is Maddy, I know what it feels like and I know you didn't want to move but sometimes it's beyond your control and you just need to accept change, everyone does stuff they don't want to, it might not be as big as moving across the country to live with people you don't know, but everyone does do stuff they don't want to do. I promise things will get better, you don't need to make yourself sick. You can come talk to me instead. I know you'll be at Alfie's in the week but they come stay here every weekend which means you probably will too but I'll give you my phone number. I won't tell Zoe or Alfie about this either, as long as you promise you'll never do it again because in my eyes your perfect and beautiful just the way you are.' As he spoke to me the tears just kept running, I couldn't control it, his words just made me cry and cry. As soon as he finished I turned around and wrapped my arms around him hugging him as tightly as possible. I felt like I'd die if I let go.