Chapter 38

Chapter 38 - Maddy POV

I woke up with Joe beside me; my favourite way to wake up. I looked over at the clock, it was only 8am.

It was the day before Christmas Eve and I was so excited. I was going to Maisie's today to go see everyone and give them their Christmas presents. It seemed like I hadn't seen them in forever.

I snuck out of bed carefully, I didn't want to wake Joe up. I pushed the door to Zoe's room open, she was always awake early.

Zoe was sitting on the floor, tapping away on her laptop. Alfie was still in bed.

'Morning! You ok?'

'Morning Zo, I was just wondering if I could borrow your wrapping paper?'

'Of course! Just help yourself.' She pointed to a pile in the corner of the room. I took some wrapping paper, tape, scissors, gift labels and ribbon.

'Thank you!' I snuck back into mine and Joe's room and got the presents I had hidden away. I decided to start with Joe's as he'd be waking up in about a hour and I didn't want him seeing what I'd bought him.

Whilst I was in Rome, I bought him a Dior watch. He had been moaning about his watch keep stopping, so I bought him a new, similar one.

I wrapped them all up and tied ribbon around them to make them look pretty. I stuck a label on each and wrote the same message,

'Happy Christmas Joe, all my love. Maddy x'.

Next I did Zoe's. I wrapped them all like I had Joe's. On her labels I wrote,

'Happy Christmas Zoe, love Maddy x'.

I then wrapped the ones for my friends. I had got Maddy and Esme a bath set, earrings and a clothes shop voucher each. Liam and Harry got a pair of shoes and some chocolate each.

I found Louise's bath and beauty set, Darcy's clothes and toys and Caspar's bits. We had also got Gaby a dress and some bubble bath.

I wrapped all the presents, tied ribbon around and signed all the labels;

'Happy Christmas, with love from Joe and Maddy x'

We were giving Louise and Darcy their presents today when they came round to see Zoe and Joe is going to drop Caspar's and Gaby's round to them.

I heard movements coming from the bed.

'Morning Joe.'

'How long have you been awake?' I looked at the clock, it was 10:30.

'Since 8. I've been wrapping Christmas presents.'

'You should of woken me up love, I would have helped you.'

'Nah, couldn't have you seeing your presents! Present wrapping is a one person job Joe.'

'Come back to bed?'

'No, I'm going to go make us some breakfast.'

'Come to bed for half a hour then I'll get up and help you?'

'No Joe, Louise will be here soon.'

'I want to help you make breakfast!'

'Ok, I'll go have my shower now then you can get up and get ready then we'll go make breakfast?'

'Deal.'

'Do you know where my towel is?'

'Zoe put it in the wash, just take mine.' I grabbed Joe's towel from the radiator and went into the bathroom. I decided to wash my hair as I hadn't for a while.

I walked back into mine and Joe's room in Joe's towel. Joe was fast asleep, looking beautiful in bed. I laughed and shook my head. He promised to get up whilst I was in the shower.

I pulled a thong out of my draw and put it on under my towel. I put my faded skinny jeans on after. I took Joe's towel off and stood topless as I towel dried my hair and finished drying my chest.

Joe must have woken up.

'Sorry Maddy, didn't realise you were..topless.' He moved down into the bed to look away.

'I don't care Joe, look if you want. Nothing you haven't seen before.' Me and Joe both laughed.

'True. You've got such a nice body Maddy.' He had a good look.

'No way, there's so many faults I could pick out.'

'Like what?!' I looked in the mirror.

'This bone sticks out too much, this side is even to that side, this boob is bigger than this boob..'

'Stop. You're perfect Maddy.' I rolled my eyes and smiled. Joe took the cover off himself. He had an erection through his boxers.

'Sorry..'

'Why you apologising?'

'Well I'm standing here with a dick that's pretty much inside my belly button.'

'And it's pretty hot.'

'Oo, you kinky girl!' I put my bra on and looked for my long sleeved crop top.

'Come on Joseph, put some clothes on so we can go make some breakfast.'

'What do you fancy then Madeline?'

'Pancakes?'

'Its on. Can you grab me a t shirt from those draws please.' I picked him a tshirt and watched him put his jeans on.

'Come on then you.'

The thing I loved most about Joe was how he had two sides. He had this side where we could joke around, make sexual comments at each other and just had banter. And then he had this other side where we was caring, protective and so kind. Nearly everyone has two sides, but nearly all of them were for bad reasons.

Joe had the perfect balance of child and adult. I still don't know how I got so lucky.