Chapter 71

Chapter 71 - Maddy POV

I bought a train ticket and got on a train. It was going to Oxford Street. I had heard of that, it was in the movies before. I knew it had shops, that was what I needed. Time alone, space and retail therapy.

As much as I loved Joe, I felt like needed a break. I couldn't be with him all the time, not in break up way. I mean physically. I can't stay with him every second of the day. I'm my own person and he needs to realise that.

He'll probably go mad once he realises I'm gone. Knowing Joe he'll call the police and send a search party out.

'Excuse me?' I turned around and saw two young girls standing there smiling.

'Hi girls, what's up?'

'Please could we get a picture with you, Maddy?'

'Of course.' I put my arms around the two girls as a lady took the picture.

'Thank you so much!'

'That's ok sweetie! Thanks for saying hello!'

'Where's Joe today?'

'He's at home in bed,' I laughed, 'he barely slept last night so I thought I'd just pop out and get a few bits.'

'Thanks Maddy!'

'Bye darling.'

Swiping my card over felt good. £700 worth of Topshop clothes also felt good. It wasn't like I didn't have clothes, I just wanted more.

Joe POV
I woke up to an empty room, the smell of Maddy's perfume lingering around the room. I had been so tired.

I stretched and got out of bed.

'Madddyyyyy.' I expected her to be curled up on the sofa watching tv, but she wasn't.

'Maddy?' The bathroom door was wide open and empty. Every other room was also empty. I started shaking and sweaty.

'MADDY?' She wasn't here, she had gone.

Gone again.

And maybe this time she wouldn't come back. I couldn't stop her.