Chapter 25

FLASH FORWARD!

'I just thought we might be able to give it another go. We were together for so long.'

'I'm really sorry.'

'You promised you'd always love me..'

'Things change.'

'And I was just another promise you couldn't keep.' She was holding back tears. That was the same girl I remembered, always strong. Never showed weakness.

'I'm sorry, you've got to understand, I don't love you anymore. I haven't loved you for a long time now.'

'But I still love you, I always will!'

'You have a funny way of showing it.'

'Cheating on you Joe was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I've never forgiven myself.'

'It's too late to apologise.'

'I know. You're in love with her now.'

'How do you know?'

'I've seen the way you look at her, it's the same way you used to look at me.' Both our eyes filled with tears.

I looked around at everyone staring. Zoe, Louise, Marcus, Alfie, Caspar and the rest of the YouTubers just sat watching in complete shock.

But Maddy just stood there, tears dripping down her cheeks.

Chapter 25 - Maddy POV

After having a lovely bath with a bath bomb, I dried off and wrapped the towel round me. I went into Joe's room and dug out my onesie to wear.

I put it on and ran down the stairs to see Joe, Alfie and Zoe.

As I stood outside the living room door, I heard some loud talking. I managed to pick out the words family and mess. I pushed the door open silently.

'Joe you are going to tell Maddy and that's final.' My heart started beating really fast. What were they talking about?

'Tell me what?' The room went silent. Zoe and Alfie's eyes both fell straight on me but Joe turned around slowly.

'Tell me WHAT?' I said it again. This time it was more demanding and fierce. Joe wiped his hand over his face and then through his hair.

He started walking over to me.

'Let's go upstairs.' He said it quietly but loud enough everyone could hear. I didn't even think I wanted to know what he was about to say.

'What's happened Joe?' I clenched my jaw together hard to stop myself crying. Joe looked so stressed.

'Maddy just come upstairs and we can talk.'

'I'm sick of people always offering to talk to me! I don't want to talk, talking about something isn't going to make it any better! Talking about the worlds problems won't solve them!'

By this point I had tears running down my cheeks. I didn't even want to imagine what my makeup looked like.

'Let's just go upstairs, please Maddy.' I nodded sadly and followed Joe out the room. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

'Everything will be okay. I'm here for you through everything.' I looked at Joe, he looked so sad. He was whispering to me, he couldn't even talk.

'Joe please, just tell me what's wrong and what's happened?' I realised I could barely talk as well. I was too upset and worried.