Chapter 58

Chapter 58 - Maddy POV

I woke up to a tapping sound in my ear. I let my eyes adjust to the light and saw Joe sitting up on his side of the bed, tapping away on his phone. He was in just his boxers, as usual and had the covers over him.

'Morning Joe.' Joe looked over at me and smiled.

'Morning babe.'

'You ok?' I sat up in bed, Joe started playing with my hair.

'Yeah, just couldn't sleep.'

'I felt you tossing and turning all night.' Joe nodded sadly. I moved up closer to him and he put his arm around my shoulders.

'Caspar's party tonight.'

'I don't even want to go.'

'Come on Joe, this isn't you babe. The Joe I know is always up for a party.' Joe shrugged.

'I have to go because Marcus is proposing to Niomi so I promised to help.'

'That'll be adorable.'

'Yeah, Marcus really loves her.' I nodded.

'Why don't you go out with one of your friends today?' Joe looked at me as if I had killed someone.

'What?'

'Well you're clearly getting bored of being home all day and I think getting out the house will do you good. You haven't seen Tom or Ben for a while?'

'We could if you want?'

'No Joe,' I laughed, 'Not me babe, you go out.' Joe raised his eyebrows.

'I'm not just leaving you home all day to go see my friends?'

'Come on Joe, I'm 17 and you're 22, I know you don't want to be stuck at home with me doing nothing everyday.'

'Maddy, you'll always come before my friends. It's not long before you go back to London with Zoe and Alfie so I want to make the most of every minute of the time we have.'

'Let's talk about this later.' I saw something next to the door through the corner of my eye. I pointed to it.

'What's that?'

'What's what?'

'That white thing over there by the door.'

'A bit of paper?' I left Joe's arms and went over to pick it up. I bent over knowing Joe had full view of my arse as I was in just one of his t-shirts. I opened it and saw it had writing on it.

'It's a letter?'

'Read it to me babe.'

'Dear Joe, me and Alfie have decided to spend some time in the flat. We don't know when we'll be back but we've taken most of our stuff. Will sort out Maddy coming to go back to school when it comes to it. We've also decided to spend New Years on our own but I hope you have a good night. Please don't tell dad where I am. Love Zoe.'

'What the fuck?'

'That's understandable, to be fair.'

'Yeah, they want to be as far away from that creep as possible.'

'Are you going to talk to him at all?'

'No way. If it wasn't for my job, I'd go stay in the flat as well.' I just nodded as I didn't know what to say. I climbed back into bed and snuggled up close to my boyfriend. Nothing made me happier than being in Joe's arms.