Chapter Forty-Two: Goodbye

Hiiiiii! Hope all is well. This will be a flashback. Happy reading!☺️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We need to talk." Levi says to me. "About what?" I ask. "Even after all of this, you killing Mei...I can't not think about you sleeping with my father." I close my eyes. Here we go again. Levi has been arguing with me multiple times about it. "We're still on this?" "Yes! You and my entire family dogged me over something I had no control over whatsoever. But my father sleeps with you with full consciousness and he damn near gets congratulated. I felt like complete shit. I thought I lost you. I blamed myself. You blamed me, my family blamed me." "Your family never blamed you. I never blamed you Levi. I just couldn't accept the fact that you got her pregnant." "You think I like the fact that I impregnated her? No but I was brainwashed into thinking that I was married to her. But when I look at you...all I can think about is my father sleeping with you. How could you?!" "I don't know Levi! I didn't plan it, it just happened. I didn't plot and scheme under your nose. I didn't take the opportunity of you not knowing who I am to sleep with your father. He was just...there for me every single time I needed someone to hold me. Tell me everything was gonna be okay. To prevent me from killing myself. Hiring a therapist. He cared." "And I don't?!" "No Levi! At that time, you didn't. I had no one. I don't have a family. I don't have parents to cry to. He was closest thing to a father I had. Do I like the fact that he was my shoulder to cry on and dick to ride on? No!" "You're not making this any better." Levi laughs. "I've apologized over and over again. I'm sorry. I have all the regrets in the world. I feel bad for Kusheru I do." "Oh so now you think about my mother?" "I always have Levi! I felt guilty before and especially afterwards. I slept with a married man even if she's already dead. I can never take it back no matter how many times I try." "How can you say you still love me when you've slept with my father? Him of all people?!" "Because I do. And I don't have feelings for him whatsoever. I was extremely vulnerable and before you even ask, no he didn't take advantage of me." "You don't understand what I went through. I was so scared of losing you. No I already thought I lost you. Thought that you moved on. That you hated me." Levi shakes his head. "It would be a lot less painful if you did hate me. Because at least I could recover from that and move on myself. You tortured me with your words. Seduced my father in front of my face. That was the biggest fuck you to me. It was like you butchered my heart. And all because you wanted me to see who I loved more? You or that conniving bitch?!" "I didn't want you to talk me out of killing her once you saw that I still love you." "And if I did choose her over you?" Levi challenges. "I wouldn't have let it happen." "How were you going to stop me? Because I was brainwashed into thinking you were my obsessive ex." "I don't know but I would have killed her." "Just like how I want to kill my father for sleeping with you?" I let out a sigh. "Don't kill your father over something stupid. You'll regret it. He's your only living parent." "Something stupid?! Y/N you cheated on me!" "How is that cheating when you threw me out after breaking up with me Levi?!" "Because I didn't know who you were. That doesn't count Y/N! You're supposed to be with me through thick and thin. For better or for worse. But instead you run to my father and hop on his dick like I didn't exist. Like I didn't matter anymore." "How dare you man? Levi I was there for you. Through it all! When you lost your memory. Hise called me and said you were in a car accident. I was with you during your mother's funeral. I was right there with Hise and Kenny on avenging Kusheru. I'm the one who told you there was a mole in your circle. I stopped you from killing Johnny when his family was threatened. I was there for you and your father when you both grieved Kusheru. And that put me through hell. I stuck by your side through thick and thin. Through your ups and downs. Even when I met your first wife Chiara Russo. I messed up once Levi, once!" I scream. "Because you're supposed to. Do you want to be praised for doing the bare minimum?!" I was taken aback. "Bare minimum?! I risk my life on the daily and you call it the bare minimum?! As if getting stabbed, kidnapped, stomped on, branded and paralyzed is normal." "It's normal in my lifestyle yes!" I shake my head. "I don't believe this. I'm sorry Levi, okay? If I could turn back time or build a Time Machine I would and I would stop myself." "Did you at least use protection?" "That's none of your business!" "Did you?!" "No okay? We didn't." Levi looks at me with complete disgust. "It's a good thing you're infertile." He spat. My heart broke." "Now that's not fair Levi and you know it. Two wrongs don't make a right." I lowly say. "Not fair?! You know what's not fair? My family ostracizing me and you egging it on! Not once did you defend me! You were the main one letting this happen and you dragged me through the mud. Always bringing up how I got her pregnant!" "Did you stop to think that hmm maybe it fucking hurt knowing that the love of my life impregnated someone else?!" "Yeah I did think that. And it hurt me so much because I felt like your disgusting ex. He words mocked me when he said I would do the exact same thing he did and I did. Those words haunted me. That's why I took all of your slander. Because I figured I deserved it." "W-Why didn't you tell me this?" "What was I supposed to say to you huh?! I thought you hated me. If I said that I'm sure you would've threw it right back in my face." "Yeah I probably would have." I admitted. "Tell me how it started? From the start. How it escalated to you sleeping with him." "It wasn't really any purpose on motivation. He made me sleep in the same bed with him to monitor me. He made Kenny take all of his guns so he had bodyguards outside and I would ask them to shoot me or give me their gun. Plenty of times he caught me asking them even when I was in bed with him. He woke up seconds later to stop me. As I was going to therapy, sexual tension just gradually build up between us overtime. I never knew he fell in love with me." I explain. Levi was silent. "Levi-" "Don't!" Levi exhaled deeply. "Just...don't. I don't think we can recover from this. When I look at you, all I see is him making love to you. I can't even look at you anymore. I'm sorry but I-I just...can't marry you. You acted more like a Mafia whore than a Mafia Princess." "F-Fine." I mouthed. I take off the ring and throw it at Levi. "So you're just going to run back to my father huh? Cry on his shoulder and ride his dick later? Again?" Levi asks in a cold tone. "That didn't even cross my mind. But I'm not surprised it crossed yours. I was better off just being your assistant." I say before grabbing my phone and keys. I open his apartment door and slammed it behind me. I take the stairs down, wiping tears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think this is better of making this to a flashback lmao. I can't even count how long Kusheru has been dead. Two years maybe? Pfft idk😭