Chapter Seventy-One: Amends

Hiiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi invited Hise back over. I just hope nothing spirals out of control again. It's the weekend so the girls are over at Kenny's.

"You wanted to talk?" Hise asks. Levi pours whiskey. He hands a glass to his father and pours himself a glass. He sits on the chair. I sit on the arm of the chair next to him.

"I want to put this all behind us. I'm not saying sweep it under the rug but I can't keep dwelling on it. Like my wife said, all the real villains are dead. The girls still need you. You're still my father. The only parent I have alive. I don't want to die hating you. And I don't want you to die with your only child hating you.

That doesn't mean you get to stop atoning. But I do salute you for killing a thousand of those bastards so far. You also need to know all of my hate wasn't towards you. It was towards myself too. For not protecting her. For not saving her. For choosing to see you instead of her first. But she doesn't hate me for it and I shouldn't either.

I'm a violent person. I'm a dangerous man. We both are. We promised to protect our women. But when she...when she told me that she didn't feel safe around me and in our own home, it shattered me. I realized that I was so far gone. That I needed help. I should've stayed in therapy when our youngest daughter see me get very violent with you.

Since she wasn't afraid of me and show no signs of it, I let it go. I didn't need a third incident to get a wake up call. I have a family now. I need to protect my family. Create a safe space for them. Prioritize them. Make them feel loved, cherished, happy, respected and protected. That is the man you and mom raised me to be." Hise was quiet.

"I know you two are tired of hearing this but I truly am sorry. For everything. I love you both to death. This woman is perfect for you. I'm proud to call her my daughter and the Mafia Princess. Out of all your previous relationships and marriages, this is the one I support wholeheartedly.

You two are partner in crimes. After everything you two have been through, I'm really proud of you both. For overcoming all obstacles and finding a way back to each other. After each therapy session, I called Hotaru to confirm the status of your progression."

I watch them both as they speak. I didn't detect any tension between the two.

"I want you at our wedding. I want you in our daughters' lives. I want you in our lives."

"I'd be honored to." Levi stands up. Hise gets up. They close in for a hug. I wipe the tears that fall from my eyes. I'm so happy they finally found closure and common ground. Hise looks at me. I get up and he embrace me in his arms.

"Thank you for sticking by him. For putting up with us all. For holding it down. For everything Princess." I nod. Hise pull away and kiss my forehead.

"I must go. It was good seeing you two again. My men captured ten more so I have some business to take care of." We nod as Hise walk out. I turn to Levi. I bring his face to mine and kiss him.

"I am so proud of you baby. You've come a long way. It's good to have the old Levi back."

"I'm proud of you too. And I'm one lucky bastard to not lose you."

"You can never get rid of me. We're in this together. For life."

"We live together. We ride together. We die together." We say in unison. I smile.

"Now that we have some time on your hands today, it's time to visit your mother's grave. We've never visited after she passed. It's been like nine years. Or longer." Levi nods in agreement. Levi follows me to the door.