Chapter Seventy-Six: The House of Ackerman

Hiiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. This isn't a time skip. It's the same day of the car accident but at night now. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Under the doctor's approval, I was able to be released from the medical room. The next time I go back in there I hope it's for giving birth. Marcel made a fabulous dinner and dessert for us. He said it was a celebration for my safe return today.

It made me feel really good. I was happy to see Shina made it back safely too. After putting the girls down, Levi and I started watching some comedy movies.

That is until he fell asleep with his head in my lap. I look down, stroking his shiny black hair. He needs another haircut too but he's still hot either way.

I yawn as I become more tired. I've been fighting sleep for an hour or so because I hate sleeping early and because I didn't want Levi to wake up. I slowly drift off. I jerk up at the sound of heavy footsteps running.

"Levi." I call.

I begin to shake him.

"Levi."

He doesn't budge. He's such a heavy sleeper.

"Levi!"

I shake harder in a stern whisper.

"Hmm?"

"Levi I hear someone running."

"It's probably one of the girls."

"Heavy footsteps?"

"Then it's probably one of the workers."

"Levi please. We don't allow running in this house unless it's an emergency."

Levi gets up.

"I'll go check it out. I'll be back in a sec."

He leans over and kiss me before existing. I begin to hear glass breaking and shooting. I get up and rush to the door. Levi swings it open and I jump back.

"Baby what's going on?"

Levi close the door quietly. His face was cold.

"I don't want you to panic but, we're under attack."

"What?!" I freak.

"Oh my god the girls!"

I rush towards the door, leaping forward. Levi catches me.

"I'll get them and I'll bring them in here safely."

Levi lifts me bridal style and place me on the bed.

"Levi the girls!"

Levi holds my head.

"Look at me. I won't let anything happen to you or our daughters. Our windows are bulletproof you're safe in here."

He kiss my forehead before handing me a gun.

"The employees and twins are already on the frontlines. I'll go get our girls. Shoot anyone that isn't me."

I nod and take the gun. Levi leaves out, closing the door quietly behind him. Why are we under attack? We've never...then it hit me. That crooked cop. He ambushed us. He must've known I said he was taking photos of me. They're trying outnumber us. I grab my phone and call Hise.

"Hey Princess. Is everything okay? You never call this late."

"Hise we've been ambushed. And I think it's the crooked cop's doing." I inform him.