037. actor shawn

Shawn, Gus, and Vanessa are sitting in the hospital, next to Jorge's bed.

"You've got to be kidding me." Lassie groans, him and Jules walking over. "Step away from the bed now!" The three shush him. "Don't you shush me!"

"I was about to say there's still time for you to go downstairs to the gift shop and buy something." Shawn says.

"Maybe a teddy bear." Gus says.

"A box of chocolate or something." Vanessa suggests.

"Oh, that's nice. Chocolate's delicious. Teddy bears are cute. They have one with a jar of honey that says, "bee well."" Shawn says.

"That is adorable. If I'm ever in the hospital, get me that." Vanessa tells her friends.

"I mean it, this time I will arrest you for interfering in police business." Lassie threatens and a nurse walks in.

"I'm gonna have to ask you two to leave. This man is very sick, and I need quiet in here." The nurse orders.

"Us?" Lassie asks, referring to him and Jules.

"Excuse me, I'm Detective O'Hara and this is Detective Lassiter and we're investigating this man." Jules says.

"And I demand you remove these men and woman from this room." Lassie orders.

"Honey, the only people actually authorized to be in here are Mr. Spencer, Mr. Guster, and Ms. O'Brien. They're on Mr. Gama-Lobo's friends and family list. Everyone else out." The nurse demands.

"You just met him a week ago." Lassie says.

"His whole family is back in Mexico. His older brother misses him very much." Shawn says.

"His sister." Gus and Vanessa correct.

"Right." Shawn nods.

"How does he make friends so fast?" Jules asks, her and Lassie leaving.

"I get that Jorge was depressed about being off the show, but murder/suicide/coma? This whole thing is starting to feel like a real soap opera to me. I can't believe he would take his own life." Gus says.

"Unless he was wearing a wig, he didn't. Someone else did." Shawn states.

"What? I don't get it." Gus says.

"What the hell are you saying?" Vanessa asks.

"Really? I thought I wrapped it up so nicely for you just now. It felt really good, it was organic." Shawn says.

"Get to the point." Vanessa orders.

Shawn pulls a synthetic hair off of Jorge's head.

"Synthetic hair. Just like the one found on the knife." Shawn states.

"So?" Gus asks.

"Dude, it means the same person was there when Jorge tried to kill himself. He wasn't alone." Shawn says.

"So, wait, you're saying he didn't try to kill himself?" Gus asks.

"I can't do this." Shawn says.

"I believe that's exactly what he said." Vanessa says.

"Thank you." Shawn tells her, walking away.

"You're not being clear, Shawn." Gus says, following Shawn.

"It's actually kinda pretty clear." Vanessa comments, following them.

"Come on, dude. I gave it to you three different ways." Shawn says.

"Did he or did he not try to kill himself?" Gus asks.

+++

They're in jail and visiting Lance. Shawn is holding the phone between him and Gus and Vanessa is leaning down between them to also hear.