Learning to Love part 3

YOU POV: 

I jumped as my alarm went off. I sat up and shut my phone off. I stretched and looked at the table I slept on. Great, I slept on my portal research. Plus I slept all night here on the table. I won't be surprised if I get sore later. I stood up and went to the kitchen. 

"Morning, how was the table" asked my sister. 

"Well I drooled on my research but it shouldn't affect anything" I said. 

My sister grabbed a box of cereal. I got some milk and heard my sister let out a nasty cough. 

"How much medicine do you have left" I asked. 

"About four pills left" said my sister. 

My sister has the virus that has been going around. There isn't a cure for it yet but everyone believes that if we get the cube back then we should be able to cure everyone and turn this ice ball into a planet to live on. There is medicine for the virus but it's not a cure. Just weakens the virus till you die. So ya it sucks. 

"We can pick some up after the appointment" I said. 

My sister and I had breakfast which was just cereal. After breakfast we got dressed and walked to the hospital. The second we left the house our skin turned blue. I don't mind being a frost alien but I hate being stuck on this planet. This is the only planet that doesn't allow portals because Laufey said so. The reason is always that because of the war. 

We made it to the hospital and my sister had the usual check up. The virus affects all of your body. I myself don't know much about it but I guess it's mostly that your body can only last so long on a planet that isn't made to hold life. 

"HEY, (y/n)" my sister yelled. 

"What" I asked as I looked at her. 

"The necklace, it's glowing" said my sister. 

I looked down surprised and saw that the necklace was glowing. I am half frost alien and half wing alien. I am surprised that it started to glow now. I held the crystal in my hand and closed my eyes. I am curious who finally made it glow. 

There was voices and it was snowing. I opened my eyes and looked around. A red hair boy rubbed his hands together and blew under the gloves. None of the people here are blue. So they are all warm bloods. I locked eyes with a boy who also had a glowing necklace. He smiled at me. I smiled but felt a hand on my shoulder. 

I was brought back to reality and opened my eyes. 

"We're leaving now, the appointment is over" said my sister. 

"Oh, right" I said. 

We grabbed our stuff and left. 

"So, who was the lucky guy" asked my sister. 

I blushed. 

"I'm not sure, I didn't ask his name" I said. 

"Okay, but was he cute at least" asked my sister. 

I blushed harder. We made it outside and walked to the store. 

"Well, he had long hair. However he is a warm blood. I can tell by how it was snowing outside and he and his friends were all warm colors" I said. 

"Hm, maybe they were brought in by the TVA" said my sister. 

"Guess birds of a flock really do fly together" I joked. 

We made it to the store and got in line for more medicine. There is always a line but never enough medicine. There was a worker sorting by age. Children who have the virus get to cut in front because they are young but the child has to have the virus not the parent. Since my sister and I are both teenagers we are towards the back. 

We waited in line which always seems like forever. 

"Here is your ration sir" said the worker. 

"Thank you" said the man. 

He took the bag and left. Finally we were next. 

"Hello, what may I get you two ladies" asked the worker. 

"Medicine for the frost pox" said my sister. 

"Sorry, but I just gave the last of the pills away. If you want I can give you a inhaler. It doesn't help with headaches but it will help open the air ways and weaken the cough" said the worker. 

"FUCK" my sister yelled. 

"We'll take it" I said.