A Bleeding Heart part 2

Work today so far was stocking shelves, helping lost customers, and cleaning the floors and stuff. When lunch break rolled around Loki and I sat at a table at the little restaurant in the store. I had a turkey and lettuce sandwich with a bag of chips while Loki had BLT sandwich with pretzels. Since I only work part time I have two hours left of work after this.

"Come to think of it I have never seen you around before" said Loki.

"How do you mean" I asked as I took a sip of my drink.

"It's just I haven't seen you around town much" said Loki.

I put my drink down.

"I don't really go out much. Not to parties anyway. However I did move here recently" I said.

"Oh ya" asked Loki.

"Ya, I found a apartment that is affordable and my parents like my new roommate and friend Sydney" I said.

"So where did you move here from" asked Loki.

"Down south, I want to move to Canada one day or at least visit it but I'll settle for a apartment in North Dakota for now" I said.

Loki smiled and leaned a little closer.

"Are you trying to sneak across the border" he joked.

I laughed a little.

"Uh maybe, probably be the first person to break out of the US" I joked.

Loki and I laughed.

"Okay but seriously why here? Why not stay down south where it's warm and sunny" asked Loki.

"Ooh you got the wrong person for that. I like winter better. It's actually my favorite season and I missed it after my parents decided to move to the most boiling state in America" I said.

"So you grew up here" asked Loki.

"No, I actually grew up in South Dakota but I was born in Wisconsin. Which is why I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers" I said.

"I think you might be the first person I met that actually likes snow" said Loki.

"We are a rare species, plus I don't tan. I burn in the sunlight" I said.

"Well I do two" said Loki.

Loki and I finished our sandwiches.

"What about you" I asked.

"What" asked Loki.

"I told you some stuff about me but I still don't know anything about you. Tell me something" I said.

Loki thought for a bit.

"Well, I guess to start I'm adopted. I lost my eye to a, a snake. So now I wear a eye patch every day. Uh, oh when I use to live with my adopted family we had a huge library. It was filled with a ton of books. I use to spend every day in there" said Loki.

"Sounds awesome, the library" I said.

"It is, it was my favorite place to spend a snowy day. Sometimes it's nice to just curl up with a warm blanket and a good book. But sometimes I would also sketch some stuff. I like making art and have thought about being a tattoo artist" said Loki.

"Maybe I can see your designs one day" I said.

"Maybe, but I left my sketch book in the library. I haven't been back there for years. I came here and never looked back" said Loki.

"I'm sure the library was one of the best rooms" I said.

"It was, I still collect books today and like to read but my collection isn't as big as the library my step parents have" said Loki.

Loki finished his drink and I checked my phone.

"Lunch is almost over" I said.

"Back to work then" said Loki as he stood up.

I stood up and we cleaned up the table. I put what's left of my drink in the back for now. I just got a juice with nothing else. I don't put ice in my drinks. Loki and I continued work until it was time I head home to my apartment. I'm sure Sydney is still sleeping. She works a night shift at a club. Most days she isn't up till around 18:30s ish. I entered the apartment and put my keys down on the table.

Now that work is over I have nothing to do today. Mostly, I have chores and stuff. I just have to be quite while Sydney sleeps. Shouldn't be too hard. I went to my room and started packing my gym bag. I have a hour before my pole fitness class begins. So I'm able to come home and pack what I need, change out of my uniform, and head to the gym. I do pole fitness but it isn't always dirty. I am and will be clean until I enter a relationship and I'm ready to go that far with who ever I end up with.

While I'm out I can pick up some orange yarn. I want to make a pumpkin hat to wear but don't have any yarn.

"Hey" said Sydney as she walked into the kitchen.

"You're up early" I said.

"I'm having trouble sleeping today. My husband and I talked about him coming here to visit but he, has issues with his uncle who also lives in the area" said Sydney.

"Sounds rough" I said.

"It is, bitch cut off my hair once and I became bold for a while. Anyway how was your first day of work" asked Sydney as she grabbed a mug.

"Great, I enjoyed working at the store" I said.

Sydney put the mug on the counter and took a minute to fix her messy golden hair. She put it into a messy ponytail for now and made a small coffee to drink.

"I think we will need more coffee soon. I'll have to do some grocery shopping especially if" Sydney started but stopped to think as she drank her coffee.

"Since you're here I should ask if it's okay if my husband comes to visit for a few days. He will only be here for 5 days but we have the same sleep schedule so you probably won't see him much" said Sydney.

"It's fine, he can come. But he won't be bringing his uncle here right" I asked.

"God no, just him. His uncle wants to stay as far away from us as possible but they might run into each other at the store or something" said Sydney.