Life with Adam

YOU POV: 

I woke up in bed to my alarm. I groaned and reached around for my alarm. I found it and shut it off before putting the covers back over myself. 

"Time to get up (y/n)" said Adam as he did some last minute packing. 

"Five more minutes" I said. 

Adam closed the guitar case and walked up to the bed. Adam and I have a business trip today and have to catch a train there. It's actually his father's business trip, the family just has to be there as well. Meaning we have to go as well. Adam sat on the bed and grabbed my diabetes kit. 

"Give me your hand quick" said Adam. 

I tiredly gave Adam my hand and he pricked my finger. Adam squeezed some blood out and scanned it to see my blood sugar levels. Either they are low or I just happen to be tired. Really tired. Adam stood up and put the stuff back. Adam threw the strip away and pulled the covers off my face. 

"You're a bit low. I'll go get you a juice quick" said Adam. 

"K" I said tiredly. 

Adam kissed my forehead and left the room. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I don't hate the trip. I actually love traveling. Instead the problem is being with Adam's family. His mother from what I heard is a nice person but she doesn't live here. It's a complicated story. Anyway his father is married to a different women and they both, well not assholes but we have different views. 

I see humans as our equals but it seems that here humans are nothing more then a blood slave. I myself was a blood slave for like a week or so. Then the other vampires found out I'm type 1 diabetic so I can't because my blood sugar isn't "stable" like other humans. Leaving the only options as either go to the human towns and never be allowed to visit vampire towns or become a vampire. 

Obviously I chose to become a vampire. At first Adam and I lived with his dad and his wife but then we decided to move into a apartment. Now yes we do live by ourself but his dad still pays for all of it. Adam comes from a rich family. He's expected to take over the family business. We never really talked about if he will or not. Adam came back and gave me the juice box. 

"Thanks" I said taking it. 

I drinked the juice box and took a minute or two to just wake up and get back to a healthy level. Adam continued to finish up the packing. We did most of it yesterday now is just stuff we want to bring like books, movies, Adam's guitar, and other stuff. I finished the juice and sat up. The food here also has blood in it. 

"What time do we have to leave" I asked. 

"Well the train leaves at midnight so probably around 22" said Adam. 

I stood up and helped Adam carry the last bags to the door. After the packing we started making breakfast. Adam made scrambled eggs and pancakes. Which of course have blood in them. 

"Do you want anything to drink" I asked. 

"Bloody cappuccino" said Adam. 

I opened the cabinet and grabbed the mugs and put a pod in the coffee maker. Apparently blood can come in powdered form as well. How in the hell that works I have no idea. But either it works or my taste buds are very basic because it taste the same as if it was made at a coffee shop. I finished the drinks and gave Adam his. 

"Thank you (nick/name)" said Adam as he took the mug. 

He had a sip of it before putting it on the counter to finish making the eggs.