Chapter 53: Follow the emperor to have meat (49-50)

Except for some small teams in groups of three to five, fighting with the Xiang Jiajun guarding the imperial capital around the city wall, there was no other movement.

This gave Yu Wenhong a very ominous premonition in his heart.

At this moment, the quiet gate of the city, in his eyes, looked like a huge mouth of the abyss that had not yet been opened.

He...a bit afraid to go in.

However, his appearance has already been seen by the people around him.

"...The emperor is back!!"

Someone in the crowd yelled, and then, the people around the city gate rushed up and looked at the emperor on the horse expectantly.

A look of hope suddenly made Yu Wenhong very useful.

He couldn't help but curled up the corners of his lips triumphantly, and waved his hand imposingly: "Don't panic everyone, I'm back!"

When the voice fell, the city gate in front of him rumbling dullly, and slowly descended.

Yu Wenhong flicked his whip and rushed in first.

However, just as he stepped on the heels of his horse, the city gate was pulled up again, rumbling for a while, and slowly closed.

Separate him from Xiang Jiajun outside.

Yu Wenhong gave a quick heartbeat.

What's happening here?

But when he looked forward carefully, he was startled by the sight in front of him.

On the huge Huangcheng Avenue, the prosperity of the past has long been gone.

There were only two and two stars, who looked like wounded soldiers, and some people were sitting on the edge of the avenue, receiving treatment from the doctors.

When someone saw him, not only did they not stand up to welcome him, but even a complex and indifferent color was drawn across their eyes.

The more Yu Wenhong looked, the more he became confused.

The silence from the left and right made the sound of his horse's hoofs very clear.

He was so clear that he was a little scared.

The more and more complicated gaze gave him the idea of ​​escape and retreat.

It can only forcefully withstand this invisible pressure and continue to move forward.

He just wanted to know what happened to the imperial capital.

His palace... is it all right?

I don't know how long it took. Finally, Yu Wenhong returned to the large square in front of Chengqian Gate of the imperial palace.

Compared to Huangcheng Avenue, it's a lot more lively here.

Of course, what is lively is just the footsteps and reports of the officers, soldiers and ministers coming and going.

The object of the report is the person he is most familiar with, and he least wants to see it at this time.

...

"Report! Lord, all the remnants of the East Gate have been encircled and suppressed, and we are escorted back!"

"good."

"Report, prince, all the remnants of the second southwest gate have been encircled and suppressed."

"Ok."