Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Pushing open the door, there was a tide. A damp and pungent musty smell hit his face.

curl up in bed. He Ran, who was on the bed, heard the sound of the door opening, his pale and haggard fingers tightly tugged on the sheet beside him, his empty and dull expression seemed a little flustered with the sound of approaching footsteps.

Sudden.

He Ran sat up, grabbed the pillow next to him with his thin fingers, and threw it towards the person who came.

"Get off, get off." There was a bit of panic and panic in the dry and hoarse voice.

"Huh?"

Zhong Li squinted his eyes, the red eyeballs looked strange in this dark room.

"Zhongli? Are you Zhongli?" The familiar voice fell on He Ran's ears, and the degree of surprise was no less than that of a person walking in a desert of despair and suddenly encountering an oasis. This also made him ignore the abnormality on Zhongli's body.

Can't wait for Zhong Li to answer, He Ran's pale face flushed a little because of excitement. "Are you here to save me?"

Zhong Li looked at He Ran who was so excited that he couldn't control himself, his clear eyes that once attracted him became a little cloudy due to being imprisoned.

He Ran waited for a long time, but did not hear Zhongli's answer. His excited heart began to cool down slowly, and his restless eyes began to frantically flicker. When he glanced at the zombie who had guarded him for two months , a bad premonition rose in my heart in vain.

"You, you, you..."

He Ran raised his index finger and pointed at Zhongli, his face that was still a little flushed was instantly white.

"Why is he here? You, how could you..."

"Don't understand?" Zhong Li glanced at the wisdom zombies and asked him to turn on the light.

As the intelligent zombie pressed the switch, the dark room was instantly lit up with an incandescent light.

He Ran saw Zhongli's red eyeballs that were not like human beings at a glance.

"You, your eyes..." He Ran trembled at the corners of his lips, suddenly thought of something, pulled the quilt tremblingly, and wrapped himself tightly inside, as if with the quilt blocking him, he would be safe .

"Don't kill me, don't kill me..." The dull voice came from under the thick quilt with horror and fear.

As a time traveler, He Ran has read a lot of post-apocalyptic novels. Although there are no zombies with red eyes in the novel he read with Zhongli as the main character, it does not mean that there are no zombies.

Zhong Li turned into a zombie.

He Ran couldn't believe it, his mind went blank, and his body made a choice faster than his brain.

Ever since he revealed his identity, Zhongli's eyes never left He Ran's face, looking at the bed. on slightly. Long. Under He Ran's fright, the quilt that was pulled up trembled together, and Zhongli felt a little disappointed.

What is he still looking forward to?

Could it be that he still expects that He Ran, who betrayed him in the previous life, will suddenly fall in love with him and feel sorry for him? Would you tell him 'Even if you become a zombie, I won't leave you'?

Sure enough, it's still naive.

Thinking of this, Zhongli laughed softly, and the deep laughter became somewhat self-deprecating along with the ridiculous and naive thoughts in his heart.