Chapter 63 - Sun

The door creaked open and came inside two men. One was wearing clothes that others would definitely identify as something that would only belong to the richest family in the kingdom while the other wore an attire that blended in well with the darkness surrounding them.

As the former was about to reach for the switch of the lights and turn them on, the man shrouded in a cloak of darkness stopped him. "Don't turn on the lights," he instructed and the man hesitatingly stopped himself from pressing the switches.

It was almost dawn. There was a slight hint of sunrise coming from the far east mountains that one could barely see but it was simply a speckle. The dark, gloomy skies filled with vibrant stars that seem to dance within its palms were the most prominent bodies that roamed the heavens.

Immediately, the latter's eyes were directed towards part of the room where a huge bed was placed. The candles were turned off and the chandeliers were barely spewing any light and it gave the atmosphere a melancholic tone.

Lying in the bed with a disgruntled expression was a man that he knew all too well.

"He doesn't look good," he muttered and the prince nodded his head as if he wasn't telling him since earlier that his father was ill.

"Good for him."

The red-haired prince froze in his spot and his body stiffened when he heard the statement. He identified that it was some sort of joke but it wasn't the appropriate time to tell them. However, despite his status as the prince, he couldn't even retaliate nor complain with the bad joke.

This person looking at his father was the only one they knew could help the ill-stricken king. He was the only man who had powers greater than divine ones.

Asher watched as Silas took steps towards the bed and he followed carefully behind. He was observing every step that the king made and tried to think about anything that could possibly happen.

'Don't overthink things, Asher,' he scolded himself as he trailed closely.

Yet how could he not when this man was literally the same person who owns a dragon, a phoenix, and possesses immense magic that a single flip of his fingers could ruin an entire kingdom?

Not just that, this same person was the one who toyed with territories as if they were a show of entertainment for him.

Hurting and killing people was never an issue for him. Asher had seen with his own two eyes how Silas and his knight slaughtered an entire army that invaded their kingdom in just a few minutes.

They had seen how the forces that Silas had at his disposal were able to destroy twenty-four cities in the enemy empire within a few hours.

This man in front of him was the embodiment of evil.

Asher clenched his hand and silently gritted his teeth.

Yet he always could not stop speaking how this man also has another version of himself.

This was also the same person who healed the wounded, mended the broken, and fixed the destroyed.

Silas was so powerful that everything is literally in his palms right now.

Death, destruction, growth, protection, healing, revival, and many other spells that Asher couldn't ever possibly know about.

That's why he was hesitant yet hopeful in letting the white-haired king see his father.

The two men stood on the side of King Henry's bed with Silas just observing the ruler and Asher doing the same. Heavy breaths continued to resonate out of Henry's lips. Sweat formed on his forehead even though the windows were open and the chilly air was letting itself freely flow inside.