Chapter 123 - Sovereign of Magic

"Uh..." Silas sweatdropped as he looked at the notification that was visible to the rest of the people who were in the room as well. He was unsure of what to say or do. A tiny part of him had been expecting that he would get a high-rank – no, being ranked was never a part of it in the first place.

The moment he was done just staring at his rank, he turned to look around. And just as expected, all eyes were on him. Perez was leaning against the wall near the door with a serious look in his eyes while Matt and Flora were looking at him with wide eyes as if they had seen horns grow from his forehead that reached the ceiling.

The twins who assisted him with the ranking were also looking at him silently.

It was awkward. All eyes were piercing through his face as if he was some sort of alien that descended from the sky.

"Hehe... can we do it again? It might be wrong-" but he stopped when he felt a hand touch his. He looked down and saw that it was one of the twins that operated the machine. Slowly, the kid used both of his hands to hold Silas' and he just watched as the latter brought it to his face and rubbed his cheek on it.

"T-Then can you defeat the Apparition of Death, sir?" the child asked as he closed his eyes, just feeling the hand of the newly crowned Legendary Hunter.

That seemed to have sparked the emotions of the people around too as they slowly gathered nearer around him one by one. Elders, adults, and children alike were murmuring the same phrase as they surround the young king.

"Can you defeat the Apparition of Death?" was all they were asking.

He looked around again and saw the grim expressions plastered on their faces that he didn't see before. They were all smiling back at the meeting room but now, he noticed the desperation in their eyes.

"Can you please defeat the Apparition of Death? We will forever be grateful if you did it for us, sir," the other twin that was just standing beside the one holding Silas' hand asked making the young king gulp his own saliva.

However, it didn't last long as the people crowding around him were separated and the leader himself passed through.

As smug as his face looked, Perez' eyes were the only ones Silas couldn't read.

"I need to talk to him," he spoke and immediately, the young king's hand was freed and the people took steps back to give them space. But the freedom of his hand didn't last long as Perez grabbed his right hand and pulled him. Silas raised an eyebrow at the action as he was dragged to the door while passing in a full room of people with their eyes never ceasing from looking at him.

Once they were at the door, the white-haired king looked back and saw that everyone was quietly looking at the two of them with the exception of Matt and Flora who looked at each other as if they were talking with their minds before they seemed to agree on a certain decision and they walked to the door as well.

"There's only thirty minutes before the Apparition of Death appears again. There's no time for tears if you don't want someone to be taken again," Perez spoke in a low, serious voice. The people particularly looked at the others who are important to them and they nodded.

The last thing Silas saw behind the door was their expectant gazes landing on him.

---

"What do you want?" The door slammed shut and Silas found himself pinned against the wall. Each of Lysander's hands were on either side of him basically giving him no choice but to face the young noble from the Belmaid Empire.

Well, that was a different Perez but he would just like to call the Perez in this world as the one from Belmaid because... why not?

And another thought at the back of his mind was if this was Ciaran doing the same thing, he would be blushing nonstop.