Chapter 83 - Requiem

"What happened while I was gone?" Ronnovian asked as they all sat around a huge table inside the conference room.

There were three people present in total and it was the headmaster, King Henry, and Prince Asher.

"Ron, the kingdom was invaded-"

"Not that!" He frustratingly asked and the two royalties was confused for a second before they understood what he meant.

"What happened?! How did he become such a monster?!" And that's when they hit him when he recited the word 'monster'.

There was only one person who came to mind.

"We... don't know..." Asher spoke in a low voice and what seemed like a murmur as he had his head lowered.

Truthfully, no one had an exact answer as to how and when did the young master turn out to be like that. No one did.

"Fuck..." Ronnovian massaged his temples and leaned back on his chair. His head was hurting from everything he had to go through the past months.

"I don't think there is something wrong with him-" Asher started but he also abruptly stopped when he felt Ronnovian staring at him emotionlessly. The headmaster's gaze seemed to contain intrigue but it was faint.

"Your highness, you say there is nothing wrong with him but we all know everything is just wrong at this point." Asher kept his mouth closed at the words.

"According to what you have told me, there is indeed something wrong-"

"Ron," King Henry interrupted and the headmaster looked at the two men with discerning eyes. The father and son seem to be avoiding his gaze together as if they wanted to avoid the topic but it was something serious Ronnovian had to address.

"He had become a monster, Henry! He is no longer the Pier whom you adored!"

"But we are indebted-"

"Indebted? How can you be indebted to the person who was the reason for the death of millions of our people?!"

"But..." Asher trailed off wanting to say something else but he was powerless in front of the king and the headmaster.

There was a conflict between his assessment of morality but he chose to oversee one side and stick on the other. In his eyes, he was indebted to Silas for the things that happened.

If it weren't for him, the kingdom would've completely fallen to the hands of the enemy and every citizen would've died. However, he decided to play with them instead and used the enemy for his entertainment.

A lot have died along the way in order to satisfy his desire for amusement but in the bigger picture, the kingdom wasn't in complete ruins.

That was his assessment as someone who perceives the perspective of a ruler, but for Ronnovian who didn't have the same perspective as him and his father, it was evil.

Silas was an evil entity who casually killed millions because of his spite for the kingdom. He could have stopped the enemies entirely with his knowledge about the secret invasion but decided to still let it happen and instead, do his own bidding of invading Cresencia back and using Taron as his trap.

It was all about perspective and that is where they do not meet.

"But how..." Ronnovian mumbled and the two royals looked at him.

"How?" Asher and Henry's eyes widened when they saw the headmaster's shoulders tremble.

"Ronnovian...?" Henry called and that's when they saw the expression Ronnovian had on his face. It was the first time they saw such emotion on the man's face for the years they have known him.