Chapter 134 - The Final Challenge

The sun wasn't up yet but Perez groaned as he was awakened by someone scratching the tip of his nose. He scrunched his face and swatted whatever was doing that but it only got more persistent as the scratches got a little stronger and it actually got painful.

"Ouch!" He yelled as he opened his glaring eyes.

It didn't last soon though as they reverted back to normal, no, more like switched to a surprised one when he saw Silas sitting on the edge of his bed with a nonchalant look on his face.

"What is it?" He asked and as he looked at the digital clock standing on top of his nightstand, he glared again when he saw it was two in the morning.

"Wake up," the white-haired king demanded as he tugged on the hem of Lysander's shirt. The latter groaned again before covering his face with the pillow he was sleeping on earlier. "What for? It's two in the morning, challenges aren't revealed before six!" He argued but Silas was just getting more and more demanding with the pulling of Perez's shirt.

A few minutes passed and when he couldn't take it anymore, he gave up and threw his hands in the air as he sat on his bed and looked at the white-haired man who was now grinning.

"What do you want, Silas?" He asked.

"Well, I wanna show you something!"

---

One of Lysander's eyes twitched when he saw where they were.

"Can you believe it?!" Silas exclaimed as he held one bag of chips in each hand. "New flavors! It's sour cream and spicy barbecue!" He even held the bag close to Perez's eyes who didn't flinch causing him to literally make out with the bag held in front of him.

They were in the convenience store where the hunters could buy their daily necessities such as food and supplies in exchange for the loot they earned when completing challenges.

"I can't believe it! Man, I've been wanting some new flavors and when I got here at around one in the morning, I saw a new aisle had been added and it was full of new flavors from the different chips!" And he started rambling about his little adventure which Perez certainly wasn't interested in because, in the first place, he had these chips' flavors before the challenges started in this world so he wasn't that enthusiastic compared to Silas who had been living in another world without it.

"Aaaaand, not just that!" He sighed as he scratched his head. He was still in his pajamas.

Silas grabbed his arm and pulled him to the said new aisle and section of the convenience store. Perez looked around and indeed, there were new varieties of goods being sold there but Silas just passed by them and went to the furthest corner of the aisle. When they reached the spot, he pointed at the freezer.

Lysander's left eyebrow rose.

"Ice cream!" With glee in his eyes, Silas took one pint of ice cream and pressed something in the air, which was most likely his status window, before a spoon magically appeared in the air beside him meaning he just purchased the ice cream from the shop using his own loot.

"You woke me up for this?" The man complained and Silas nodded his head like an eager little child who just had his first time sleeping late and going outside to buy junk food.

Seeing the joy in Silas' eyes, Perez couldn't do anything about it. So, instead, he got his own pint of ice cream and bought it using his status window. However, when he looked at the number of loots he had, he paused.

254,937 coins.

His eyes drifted back to Silas who was looking at him with eyes full of curiosity since another person really cannot see a hunter's status window.