Chapter 107 - Detained

"Since we have come to a conclusion, I think it's time for us to move now," Emperor Adin announced and everyone nodded their heads before bowing and exiting the underground room one by one.

Though it wasn't mentioned, all the attendees of the meeting already knew that the existence of the dragon as well as the secret underground room were to be kept secret until the day they died. Not one word gets out from their mouths or else they know what would happen to them here in Belmaid.

Dragons are powerful entities. Though the people who attended the meeting couldn't see the actual form of the dragon, they could still feel its presence watching and presiding over the meeting as if it was similar to the emperor.

The first to go was the nobility faction. The last of the nobles to go out was Countess Marces as she talked with the emperor for a few minutes and then exited herself out the only door.

Silence reigned inside the room until Emperor Adin broke it by clearing his throat which garnered the attention of the warriors who were just about to exit.

"Killing Pier Belmiunde isn't an easy job," he started and they lent their ears to him.

"For many generations, the House of Masters is considered the strongest family in the continent. It housed talents that are incomparable to anyone else in the entire world. Every headmaster that stepped into the position is acknowledged for their wisdom and power." Emperor Adin looked up to the magic sphere where the dragon was currently residing and smiled. The warriors who saw the action looked at the magic sphere as well.

"I could still remember more than a decade ago, the preceding headmaster before the current one was confused by our protector as a dragon."

"What..." All the warriors had the same expression on their faces. They were astounded by the revelation Emperor Adin was just telling them right now.

"A dragon...?" Ignatius was stiff in his spot.

"Yes. Spencer Belmiunde had overwhelming flame magic that easily made him one of the most powerful headmasters back in the day. I am sure everyone in here is aware of the history of the House of Masters, right?" They all nodded their heads in unison because not one single person in here did not know about the tragedy that happened in Taron a long time ago.

It was the tragedy that consumed the lives of thousands upon thousands.

"The disappearance of Spencer's successor caused him to rage and run amok. Paired with his intense flames, he was able to take down around seven thousand soldiers of the highest caliber."

"..." Ignatius, the flame mage, looked at his hands and clenched them.

"That is why even though the Taron Kingdom is known to be a powerful kingdom that is close to becoming an empire, it was easily taken over by Cresencia. The kingdom is still yet to recuperate from the loss of such talented knights and mages and that is the reason why the House of Masters had been quiet until the recent war broke out."

Slowly, a similar stream of magic flowed from the enormous dragon sphere above that formed the recording device earlier went down to Emperor Adin's hands and formed a small magic sphere that fit in his palms.

"I could still remember our protector telling me to meet the dragon guest that arrived on that one rainy afternoon in the palace halls. But upon meeting the guest, it wasn't a dragon. Rather, it was Spencer Belmiunde who was on the brink of insanity with the loss of his successor. It wasn't evident to anyone yet but our protector thought it was a dragon because of the unstable magic inside his body."

"What did the headmaster tell you back then, father?" Finley asked as he, too, was getting invested in the story.

"He asked for my assistance in helping him find his son."