Chapter 106 - Arguments and Decisions

"But father..." Faust intervened as it seems like the attendees have come to a conclusion about their meeting.

"Killing Pier..." He mumbled and Emperor Adin heard it. The latter paused for a second as he observed his second son with a side glance. 'Right. Rumors.' Emperor Adin shook his head because he could see where Faust's hesitation was stemming from.

"Our protector has already decided what to do with Pier Belmiunde, Faust."

"But-"

"We cannot intervene with the protector's decision!" The emperor's voice rumbled loudly in the underground room and the place shook. Small debris from the wall fell and Faust had to cover himself from them. He instantly shook in fear at his father's tremendous strength.

"Father, I will explain it to Faust privately after the meeting is done. Everyone knows he is quite fond of the young master," Finley interjected and when Faust looked around, he saw that everyone was also staring at him.

"S-Still!" He stood his ground and even stood up. Faust's hands were clenched as he tried to fight off the powerful gazes looking down on him.

"Shouldn't we consider the young m-master's merit?! He saved us all!"

"What do you mean by that, Faust-"

"He saved us from Cresencia's Invasion!" The nobles and warriors alike froze in their spots when they were coming to a conclusion of what Faust was trying to bargain with the decision.

"He is the one who saved the Taron Kingdom from its demise! Even if he were banished by his house, he returned in times of need and saved them! If it weren't for him, the enemies might have occupied Taron completely already!" The second prince then released a shaky breath at the intense pressure weighing down on him.

It was just him in this room. It was only him who sided with Pier.

"If the enemies captured Taron according to their plans, the power they hold would be greater than what we currently faced! He saved us regardless of his association with a vampire!" The room went silent and people started looking at each other.

Faust did make a point.

'Pier... I have to save him...' Looking down on his now sweaty palms, Faust gulped a huge burden in his throat and tried to make it away.

He knows what he is doing right now is going against the protector of their land. If he continued persisting his plans, even if he is a prince, his punishment would be harsh.

However, he still stood his ground even though the consequences might be greater in the later run. He had to change their minds.

"H-His merits as a warrior of Taron who saved their kingdom shouldn't be ignored. Especially to us who also benefited greatly from his victories!" The warriors were silent while the nobles were silently passing their whispers to each other.

It had always been like this. Faust was always alone whenever the entire body comes into a decision that is against his own.

"We claim he is a gift from the god of music yet we are also the one deciding to kill him. Are we not disrespecting the god we worship-"

"Faust!" His speech was interrupted with Finley's loud voice that matched the emperor earlier. The second prince immediately shrunk in fear in front of his older brother since Finley was glaring daggers at him.

Right.

They highly praise the god of music and have been for as far as the empire had been standing. Music has been one of their greatest treasures.