Chapter 101 - Isolde

A bunch of the gatherings were finally conducted and it was supposed to be the day of the festival's upholding but was unfortunately moved the following day due to some unfortunate circumstances.

Pier sat lazily on a couch in the imperial palace's guest rooms with a book in one hand and his legs crossed. Of course, he did not bother giving notice to everyone who was intentionally coming inside the guest room to look at him. He might be quite dense when it comes to attention sometimes.

The servants were the first ones to notice the young master's presence in the guest room. After that, the word spread like wildfire in a lush green forest and not long after, nobles were crowding in a distance while they still maintained a generous space for Pier to enjoy his book.

Everyone ranging from barons, viscounts, earls, marquis, and dukes was all there to take a peek at the fine specimen of a man who seemed oblivious to the gazes thrown his way.

"Goodness gracious, does he have a lady to marry already?" One noblewoman spoke and the other looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders.

"I heard rumors from when I attended a Baron's gathering when we visited Taron Kingdom that he isn't betrothed to anyone yet. It was a known fact that the young master was introduced to their duke there, though but no official proceedings with the marriage happened," a woman with bright colored hair spoke making all the nobles gasp.

"Is that true?!"

"Yes! He isn't just the cherry on the lips here but also in the Taron Kingdom! Every noble wants to be associated with him in some way because aside from his ethereal face, it seems like he is also well-versed in business. I also heard he sponsored a viscountess in their kingdom with his original suit designs that instantly became the latest trend amongst the nobles! But you know what the best part is?"

"What?"

"The suits are owned solely by the countess. Anyone who makes the exact copy of it is fined or brought to the king for question and in the worst case scenario, they are stripped of their business permits!"

All the nobles looked at Pier who flipped a page and then continued reading again.

"That's when patenting became a thing in Taron Kingdom! And as far as I know, His Royal Majesty, Emperor Adin, is also planning to adopt the same method in protecting businesses with original works or inventions!" She squealed like a little child and even went to jumping up and down in her place as if she was excited for her upcoming debut with how she was telling them all the gossip.

"Wow..." If his name was already spoken around like the ghost of a recent emperor, it wouldn't be long before his name was sung by the choir like a god.

He was already highly valued in Belmaid. His talents for music are widely known across the lands and his deeds were spoken through the mouths of warriors.

Just like that, Pier Belmiunde's name was being revered similar to the Royal Family.

"Is he really that good?" A voice spoke behind the crowd formed near the door of the guest room and everyone went silent. They slowly turned their heads and the moment they realized who was standing there, their eyes widened and they lowered their heads.

"Greetings to Her Royal Highness, the future star of the empire, Princess Isolde!" The nobles and servants spoke in unison.

Their accumulated voices of greeting were loud enough for Pier to hear and the young master turned his head to its source. It was then, he saw the crowd of people part and give way to a single person.

A woman walked through the sea of nobles and they had all their heads lowered. She held her chin high and her poise perfect. Her wavy hair swayed back and forth like the waves on the shore as she took step after step.