Chapter 30 - Intelligent

Stretching his arms, Silas groaned at the pleasurable feeling of releasing all the stress and tension in his body.

"Haah..." He sighed and inhaled the fresh air coming from the deep forests of Mir.

"So much for doing it with a beast!" The young king complained and took a glance back at the bed in the room where a man lay unconscious. The steady inhales and exhales as his chest rose up and down were the signs that he was still alive.

Ciaran soundly slept like a baby with the blanket covering half of his body. His bare and naked chest could be seen too.

"Two weeks. Two freaking weeks!" Silas glared at him and if it was possible, he could've burned holes in the vampire's face.

Despite all the pleasure from being one with the vampire, there were disadvantages too.

"I wasted two weeks in your void having sex!" He huffed once more and rolled his eyes.

It was far from what he expected.

He thought Ciaran had slowed down the time in his void and he expected that only a few days would've passed in the real world.

But it was the opposite.

The Vampire King had quickened the pace of time in his void wherein three days in the void was equivalent to two weeks in the real world.

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue and continued to let the warm summer air caress his skin.

It would be hypocritical of him to say that he did not enjoy what they've done either so he just let it slide.

There could be many letters piling up for them at this moment and one of those would be the news regarding Taron's communication with Belmaid.

It wouldn't be long before he could go and visit the recovering empire.

Once he was done bathing in the warm air, Silas closed the window and draped the curtains so Fenrir can have a better rest.

Darkness consumed the room and the vampire obviously became more relaxed.

"Sleeping after wrecking my body." He could not help but click his tongue again in slight annoyance.

"Well, there's no helping it. His majesty is tired," Silas mumbled underneath his breath and proceeded to head out the door of their room.

Taking a glance once more at the slumbering Ciaran, Silas paused for a moment. His gaze lingered on the relaxed face of the Vampire King.

Until a smile made its way on his face.

"I love you," he spoke before leaving the door.

---

Creak!

"We greet His Royal Majesty, King Pier!" The vampires inside the throne room all lined up on each side of the red carpet to welcome the return of the white-haired king.

Silas took steps towards the throne with vampire assistants lifting his long royal cape that dragged on the floor. Until he sat on the throne with an expressionless face, they continued to serve him.

He crossed his legs and looked at everyone.

So much had changed since he last saw them two weeks ago before disappearing in Ciaran's void.

Each vampire looked less scary and intimidating than they used to. The once dark and ominous aura that they produced was no longer there.

Instead, a relaxing and sophisticated demeanor could be seen as they looked at the young king with glee in their eyes. Each held a certain elegance and beauty in their eyes as they stood silently.