Chapter 98 - Bleed

Ciaran got out of the bedroom and went to the kitchen where he heard some rummaging in the drawers. When he got there, he saw his lover holding two spoons and forks whereas the food that he brought was already prepared on the table. The basket sitting comfortably on the kitchen sink.

"Oh, Fenrir. What took you so long?" Silas asked.

"I just had to take care of something," he answered and Silas chuckled. The vampire king walked to the table and sat on one of the seats where there was a plate of the food he brought. He then proceeded to look at Silas who was now running the utensils under cold water. It had always been a secret habit of Silas that he observed from all the time when they were together.

The white-haired king, when preparing his food when they are in random places, always makes sure to wash his utensils again. Ciaran was curious why Silas was doing it at first but he eventually discarded the idea because he concluded that the utensils are always well-cleaned.

That made him chuckle.

"What's funny?" Silas asked as he was done rinsing the spoons and forks and was walking back to the table.

"Me?"

"Mhm."

"Why am I funny?"

"Because I love you."

"That does not make any sense, mister."

"Loving you does."

Unable to formulate a retort with the response he got from Ciaran, Silas' face blushed lightly as he sighed and masked it with an annoyed look. He sat beside Ciaran and gave the man his own spoon and fork with a little grumble. Ciaran took pleasure in the action and he smiled smugly as if he had won a war.

"Where'd you buy this by the way? It looks good," the young king asked in which Ciaran looked at the food he brought and he couldn't clearly recall his memory from when he brought the food. It was hazy and dark as if his thoughts were clouded that time.

Which was what really happened.

"I got it from a stall in the capital."

"You explored the capital all by yourself?"

"The fairy was right behind me."

"Oh... Was it nice? I still have a few gatherings to attend in the palace before I can freely go to the capital," Silas sighed as he started eating the delicious-looking rolled rice in his plate. And he was right. It was indeed delicious.

"It was normal."

"Really? Maybe they're still preparing," Silas spoke as he took another bite of the food and he gleamed in happiness because it was to his liking. Ciaran could practically see his man's aura glowing subtly as he observed him. He smiled when he saw that Silas was happy.

Seeing Silas happy was to his liking as well.

"Silas," he called and the man stopped chewing on the food in his mouth. He looked at Ciaran and the latter almost chuckled at the puffed cheeks Silas had for trying to stuff a lot of the food.

"Hmm?" He tilted his head and his soft hair also moved slightly when he did that.

"This empire is dangerous," Ciaran informed and that's when Silas started chewing again. It took him an entire minute to swallow the rolled rice. He looked back at Ciaran who was just silently observing him.

"I know. That's what I told you, right?" He smiled but Ciaran did not.

"You see, when I was at the banquet earlier, something very interesting happened." He shared as he laughed lightly and he scooped another rolled rice with his spoon and offered it to Ciaran who still wasn't eating. Despite his stoic expression, the vampire king opened his mouth and received the food from his lover.