Chapter 108 - Administer

On the same day of the meeting held in Belmaid...

Raegan stood in front of the door that led to the hidden dungeon in the second mountain. On top of his head was a small light orb that flickered every now and then as the young prince moved.

"This is it!" He whisper-screamed to his brother and it was obvious by his tone that Raegan was excited but the little light sphere seemed to be much more eager about what they were about to do as it did a stunt in the air and encircled Raegan's head a few times making the prince laugh.

Reaching out his hand, the black-haired dragon prince touched the door and it responded by emitting a strange noise similar to ghosts who are haunting hold places. It even glimmered as if it was covered with black light. When the door recognized who the person touching it was, it slowly opened and the brothers leaped in excitement again.

When the door was fully open, Raegan peeked first inside and looked left and right.

It was dark and hollow. The eerie silence inside the dungeon was terrifying but the two didn't seem to be bothered at all. In fact, it made them somewhat calmer because they were nervous about another thing.

"Hurry up! Let's get inside!" Raegan urged and the light sphere flew up and down before settling on his head.

The two made their way inside and the first thing that greeted them was the long hall that seemed to span in an endless direction. But they knew it wasn't the case with that. Raegan first manifested his magic and lightning sparks appeared around his body.

He raised his hand and allowed the lightning sparks to travel to the gloomy path and for a few seconds, reality seemed to be altered as the endless way in front of them rippled until a new sight was seen.

The prince smiled as he pumped his fist.

There was illusion magic cast just right behind to door to prevent any unwarranted guest from straying further inside and probably discovering what the dungeon hides from the rest of the world.

After the illusion barrier was lifted, Raegan and the light sphere made their way to the first floor.

The dungeon was made of several floors just like normal dungeons in various territories.

Raegan passed by the first-floor dungeons and there were a lot of prisoners there already. He looked in each cage and he recognized some of the creatures based on the books he had read about them. There were birds bigger than humans in one cell and then there were snakes on other cages.

"Those snakes are venomous, little brother!" He spoke with enthusiasm as if he was lecturing the light sphere.

"I heard the people breed them here in the dungeon to collect their venom and create antidotes. I hear they sell for a million gold coins each bottle!" The snakes didn't move much since they were big.

The birds on the other hand screeched when they saw the dragon prince pass by.

"These vultures are also bred by the people for our family. The eggs they produce have been proven to rapidly increase the magic power of those who eat them. The people often take these vultures out for a fly though so they don't feel lonely," he muttered and then chuckled because he still remembered the first time he saw these birds being ridden by the people of magic in the clouds.

"Well they could also be used for flight but there is not much of a need for our people to do so."

Since it was the first-floor dungeon, the prisoners kept there weren't really that dangerous. Raegan and the light sphere descended onto the second floor and this time it was a different environment.