Chapter 50 - Forms of Love

A/N: Music is 'A Thousand Years' played on piano by Riyandi Kusuma. You can listen to it while reading for a better experience. Enjoy!

P.S., I just published a new story called 'Vigilante' and it would be cute if y'all can check it out in my profile :P. 

---

"That was fun, dad!" Raegan exclaimed in glee while he was being carried in his dad's arms. "Really?" Silas responded and lightly pinched the Dragon Prince's nose making Raegan laugh once more in the process.

They were finally done with their dance practice for the day and Raegan learned a lot of things already. The most important part with being able to dance and acknowledge how good his dad was in terms of dancing. "Where did you learn to dance like that, dad?" He asked as they now headed towards the leisure room to have snacks.

"Well... I learned a lot in the place where I used to live at," Silas responded without filling in any precise details because aside from the fact that he did not want to lie to Raegan, he also was trying to keep Raegan away as much as possible from the people of Taron.

"Was it the place where the weak king lives?"

"Weak king?" The white-haired king inquired with a raised brow. Nodding his head, Raegan then yawned. "Yes. The weak king who cried when you took his son away."

"Oh..." Silas could only chuckle at the name his son had gotten for King Henry. "Well, that was also a place I used to live in before."

"Wow..."

Soon, plates of cookies, pastries, and refreshments were brought by the vampires for Raegan and Silas. They all had smiles on their faces as they observed the two members of the Royal Family conversing while happily munching on the snacks.

"We sure are blessed to see such a wonderful sight!" One vampire who was known as one of the palace chefs commented with a teary eye to which the others agreed at. There was a point in their lives when they did not know what tomorrow would hold.

It was a depressing and uncertain future. Every day, they strived to continue creating a better place for them to live on the second mountain but the threats were relentless. Tragedies left and right struck their small village which urged their leader, Ciaran, to look for someone who can destroy the glowing stone on top of the fifth mountain's highest point.

And it seemed like fate had finally led them to the perfect path because their leader came back with a man who, at first, did not show his face but still helped them with their endeavors. The moment they saw how Ciaran helplessly fell for the mortal noble, they immediately thought that maybe the man would become the second chief of their village when everything is resolved.

"Alas, King Pier did not just become our second chief! He became one of our kings!" They spoke with happiness vibrating through their sentences.

When the young noble returned to their village after being forsaken by his kingdom, they immediately knew they had to help him. In the end, he became their king.

The only human in the world to rule over more than a thousand of vampires and became the race's savior. Not just that...

Black smoke appeared from beside them and appeared more vampires who wore luxurious clothes.

"Did His Majesty and His Highness' trial for the dance begin already?" A vampire whom everyone knew was a merchant spoke with deep breaths and a flustered face. They gave him an awkward look before shrugging their shoulders. "The practice is done, Alberto. His majesty and his highness are now resting."

Alberto heaved a sigh of defeat before looking at the two royals on the other side of the room who were now reading a book together. Raegan was in his dad's lap while Silas was reading the book.